DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SNOWSTORM? piece of cake....

Manny T

Reactions
So the beast of the east - so to what the media have called it, has arrived in the UK and battered the whole of England, Scotland and most of Ireland with heavy snow and treacherous condition. I saw this opportunity for the Mavic to go out and stretch its wings. So, off out I went to braved the snowstorm with my Mavic, and to my surprised, I got some surprising results.

So as usual, comment and let me know your thoughts, CC welcomed and if you like the video, please do press the like button and if you want to see more hit the subcribe button. Enjoy!

nice shooting pal I went to send mine up and within 3 seconds of hitting the take off a storm of snow arrived and I didnt fancy it getting ice on the props but nice video

Reactions: Manny T
Glad you were able to fly OK in the snow, and hope you don't have moisture problems later. I understand that you don't often get snow there, however this looks a bit more like light flurries than a heavy snowstorm to me. (I lived in the US midwest for quite a few winters.) :)

nice shooting pal I went to send mine up and within 3 seconds of hitting the take off a storm of snow arrived and I didnt fancy it getting ice on the props but nice video

thanks man! i know what you mean, it was so cold outside it's crazy, but surpringly the mavic came back with no sign of wet or liquid on surface or propellers, where were you based? did you get a lot of snow at yours?

Glad you were able to fly OK in the snow, and hope you don't have moisture problems later. I understand that you don't often get snow there, however this looks a bit more like light flurries than a heavy snowstorm to me. (I lived in the US midwest for quite a few winters.) :)

thanks mate. yea it was ok, i was surprised, usually it will be wet but it was dry when i took the mavic down surfaces and motors. hahaha yea we dont get many here so it's counted as heavy for us. how heavy does where you are get? what's the name of the place? any examples of how much snow you get there?

. how heavy does where you are get? what's the name of the place? any examples of how much snow you get there?
I don't live in the Midwest anymore, 11 winters in Wisconsin and Michigan near the Great Lakes were enough for me. One time I got caught in a blizzard, state patrol was saying it was like driving in milk, and that was no exaggeration. Lots of wrecks. One time when I was in Michigan on a business trip, I parked in a parking lot and the next morning, couldn't tell which car was mine. Just a bunch of snow-covered hummocks in the lot.

I don't live in the Midwest anymore, 11 winters in Wisconsin and Michigan near the Great Lakes were enough for me. One time I got caught in a blizzard, state patrol was saying it was like driving in milk, and that was no exaggeration. Lots of wrecks. One time when I was in Michigan on a business trip, I parked in a parking lot and the next morning, couldn't tell which car was mine. Just a bunch of snow-covered hummocks in the lot.

wow seriously?! **** that's quite hardcore! haha so this snow here is basically nothing for you guys, for what you guys have been through...
so how long does it take for the snow to clear away normally if you get that amount of snow? or does it even ever get cleared away?
and where is the worst area where you will always get metres of snow in the US?

So the beast of the east - so to what the media have called it, has arrived in the UK and battered the whole of England, Scotland and most of Ireland with heavy snow and treacherous condition. I saw this opportunity for the Mavic to go out and stretch its wings. So, off out I went to braved the snowstorm with my Mavic, and to my surprised, I got some surprising results.

So as usual, comment and let me know your thoughts, CC welcomed and if you like the video, please do press the like button and if you want to see more hit the subcribe button. Enjoy!

fantastic sound effects............gave me new ideas.................

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan