DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So Illegal

Well he/she is an idiot.

The person never thought the possibilities that things could end badly real fast.

I never even fly my drone higher than 100meters even though the max is 120.

Reactions: Romonaga
How "regularly" would you like to see these kinds of idiots happen before controls are put in place to try to prevent or deter them?

Well i never said i disagreed with you. I just thought with my own opinion that the regulations now in EU is just too strict and also require fees.

Seems like our government wants to squeeze as much from our pockets as they can.

Reactions: Romonaga
How "regularly" would you like to see these kinds of idiots happen before controls are put in place to try to prevent or deter them?
Tough point to debate. I see how things like this can cause regulations that many would consider harmful to the hobby. Example Canada, from what I understand "Correct me if I am wrong" they have very strict rules to the point of not being worth participating in the hobby.

As these devices become cheaper and more prevalent, more idiots will do idiotic things. So while I support rules to insure safety, I worry that these rules will destroy a fun past time. The price of entry will make this become a rich mans hobby.

Reactions: Drone Master
Tough point to debate. I see how things like this can cause regulations that many would consider harmful to the hobby. Example Canada, from what I understand "Correct me if I am wrong" they have very strict rules to the point of not being worth participating in the hobby.

As these devices become cheaper and more prevalent, more idiots will do idiotic things. So while I support rules to insure safety, I worry that these rules will destroy a fun past time. The price of entry will make this become a rich mans hobby.

And if it turns out that this hobby is simply too dangerous and the necessary safety requirements end up preventing it from being a "fun past time" then that's the appropriate outcome. Just because something is fun doesn't mean that you should necessarily be allowed to do it.

What's what? Do you mean the railing thing on the right?
Yeah, looked like some of it was videoed from a roof top.
Bet that’s where he took off from.

Reactions: sar104
And if it turns out that this hobby is simply too dangerous and the necessary safety requirements end up preventing it from being a "fun past time" then that's the appropriate outcome. Just because something is fun doesn't mean that you should necessarily be allowed to do it.
I am more pragmatic about this. I can think of many hobbies "fun past times" that are as dangerous or more then this. Regulations are put into place, and for the most part are followed, there will always be the few.

So we fence anything that can be considered dangerous? Where do we draw the line?

I do not approve of the silly stunt, and it gives us all a bad rap, but I for one do not want to end up like Canada, or worse.

Reactions: Bumblebee@sea
I am more pragmatic about this. I can think of many hobbies "fun past times" that are as dangerous or more then this. Regulations are put into place, and for the most part are followed, there will always be the few.

So we fence anything that can be considered dangerous? Where do we draw the line?

I do not approve of the silly stunt, and it gives us all a bad rap, but I for one do not want to end up like Canada, or worse.

You can risk your own life all you want pursuing dangerous hobbies, but we draw the line when our hobby is dangerous to others.

You can risk your own life all you want pursuing dangerous hobbies, but we draw the line when our hobby is dangerous to others.

I trust you are not discounting the many years of safe flying I have had with no incidents, as I am vested in this hobby as well.

There are many hobbies that are dangerous, to oneself as well as others and can and have caused as much harm as a drone incident, lets not pretend they do not exist. They are regulated, and for the most part people follow the rules, there will always be that one.

I truly am on the same side as you on this, I want it to be safe, but I also do not wish to see draconian measures put into place. There can be other viewpoints and solutions, it does not have to be so cut and dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: droneloverair
I can't believe someone would be so ignorant to pull this stunt. But then to actually post it proudly on their Youtube channel is something on another level of ignorance.

Depending on if they did an airspace closure like the often do for a full airshow, most of that 'could' be legal. It appears to be building top level with video cropping.

The last shot is the one that should get a visit from the scary men, because it was dangerous and stupid.

I put my Mavic Mini in the air at ~ 350 AGL feet with full LAANC approval and shot the flyover of two large Airforce Airlift Jets who flew the region on a set scheduled path to honor medical workers. They were probably 1000 feet AGL on either side. 62nd Air Wing liked my share on their Facebook.

Note: I am well aware of the social medial back seat driver/pilot universe. So I tagged my video upfront as LAANC approved. Living within the 5 miles of a regional airport at the end of a runway, I apply for LAANC just to fly around the block. Especially with the new Air 2.

I put my Mavic Mini in the air at ~ 350 AGL feet with full LAANC approval and shot the flyover of two large Airforce Airlift Jets who flew the region on a set scheduled path to honor medical workers. They were probably 1000 feet AGL on either side. 62nd Air Wing liked my share on their Facebook.
Nice, very nice.

Reactions: Fogfire
I trust you are not discounting the many years of safe flying I have had with no incidents, as I am vested in this hobby as well.

There are many hobbies that are dangerous, to oneself as well as others and can and have caused as much harm as a drone incident, lets not pretend they do not exist. They are regulated, and for the most part people follow the rules, there will always be that one.

I truly am on the same side as you on this, I want it to be safe, but I also do not wish to see draconian measures put into place. There can be other viewpoints and solutions, it does not have to be so cut and dry.

Right, but this seems to be drifting off the point. If this technology enables people to put drones where they can threaten manned air traffic or others on the ground, which it does, then there are only a couple of realistic options:
  1. Regulate the technology to make anything other than very low-level, VLOS flight impossible;
  2. Add other regulations and technology to preserve the ability to fly further and higher, when legal, and also use existing aviation strategies to deconflict traffic.
Most countries appear to be taking the second approach, which is more expensive to implement but surely the better solution for all users.

Just looked at it again and I know he’s using his drone
but what’s this.
View attachment 101312

Have seen quite a few of their "official" videos on YT- that, I could be wrong, is their own photo/videographer. Watch him flying close through all their exercises... Though not as close as the drone appears in that final shot!

Their in-cockpit 360 footage is pretty ( Mod Removed Langange) incredible too!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the stupidest things I've seen done with a drone. Can you imagine what would have happened if the drone was sucked into the air intake for the engine. Can you imagine what would happen if that F-16 went down in a densely populated city. OMG
All for some video footage and bragging rights.

Reactions: HeliFreak
The video showed their official aerial photographer / videographer.
They were in a jet running parallel with the group.

A drones footage would be about as good as a ground crew filming, because that's where a drone should be during these flights.
The footage from the accompanying jet would be far more appealing than a relatively static low drone if one were to be used.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk