DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(SOLVED)can you check battery cycles without the drone (drone is lost) and I want to sell my remaining M2Pro batteries

beeflyin

Reactions
Lost drone last Nov. Finally deci tded not to replace my M2Pro, but I have several batteries. I can't "sell" them because people will ask how many cycles/charges they have, and I can't check that without the drone. Is there another way (without the drone) to figure out how much life is left in the batteries?

No you cannot determine the charge cycle count without the battery installed in a working aircraft. I'm not sure about M2 batteries but Phantom batteries you can do a single press and hold on the power button until the power led blinks and the other charge leds will give an approximate level of useful battery life left.

If you have the most recent TXT flight log for each battery, you can upload the TXT file to my online log viewer or use Flight Reader. Both will show the charge count in the "BATTERY.timesCharged" column of the generated CSV. That of course will only be accurate if you didn't charge the batteries again after flying the last time.

It's a wild guess and not sure if this will work, but you may be able to upload your logs to AIRDATA or PHANTOM-HELP to extract information from previous flights with the batteries.

msinger beat me to it above.

I don't type very well. :D

Lost drone last Nov. Finally deci tded not to replace my M2Pro, but I have several batteries. I can't "sell" them because people will ask how many cycles/charges they have, and I can't check that without the drone. Is there another way (without the drone) to figure out how much life is left in the batteries?
It's a simple matter if you have another drone.

Figured it out on Air Data! I have four Mavic 2 Pro batteries ranging from 3 charges to 25! Now to figure out a good price to list them for. Thinking $70 per battery- if that seems fair?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5
Be wary of the Airdata charge count, I get the distinct impression the value they quote is based on the number of times 'Airdata' has seen a given battery's charge level increase between flights.
If I am correct and you have not uploaded EVERY log that was flown with a given battery then the indicated charge count may be wrong.
It might be an idea to upload some logs to Phantomhelp and compare the charge count values.

Reactions: msinger
Be wary of the Airdata charge count, I get the distinct impression the value they quote is based on the number of times 'Airdata' has seen a given battery's charge level increase between flights.
If I am correct and you have not uploaded EVERY log that was flown with a given battery then the indicated charge count may be wrong.
It might be an idea to upload some logs to Phantomhelp and compare the charge count values.
thanks

Be wary of the Airdata charge count, I get the distinct impression the value they quote is based on the number of times 'Airdata' has seen a given battery's charge level increase between flights
I'm pretty sure that's what they are doing.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian