DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sometimes we All wonder different........

Prmath

Reactions
We’ve all seen the harmless videos of drones chasing down cruise ships and returning to their base. What IF......
A drone were to chase down a US Navy carrier departing port?
How long would it remain a drone.....?.....

Reactions: radman
I imagine it would remain a drone, but resting on the bottom. The most likely course of action would be signal jamming causing it to drop into the water since that technology is available today. They surely aren't going to shoot it down given the close proximity to civilians.

Signal jamming would return it home. However a strong enough EMP would disrupt or destroy the electronics.
Better to send it home so then they might be able to find you.

Only one way to find out for sure :D Make sure you are recording!

I’m mot American but I think I read that the recent changes now specifically protect ships as if they are a full navy base. As such the right to take it down applies.

Not sure a navy ship would in fact fire at it while near shore however.

But make no mistake you will not have to wonder for long what will happen. And you may not get a chance to tell us either.

I’m mot American but I think I read that the recent changes now specifically protect ships as if they are a full navy base. As such the right to take it down applies.

Not sure a navy ship would in fact fire at it while near shore however.

But make no mistake you will not have to wonder for long what will happen. And you may not get a chance to tell us either.
Pure speculation. We need a rebel to get us REAL answers!

Reactions: drone_video
Signal jamming would return it home...
Check this out. This jammer takes control and forces it to land. They even used a Phantom as the target. I do not know what the range of this device is but you can bet the military has a more powerful version.

I think you only have to point the long range radar at this drone and it will fall from the sky.

I don’t think they are going to even bother trying for a safe landing and will take their chances with what ever it hits on the ground.

Pure speculation. We need a rebel to get us REAL answers!

I can’t encourage it. I don’t want the fbi at my door asking me about this, I already gave away all my candy and I do t want them to leave sad about that.

My preferred “thought experiments” are not about ways to get into trouble with the government.

Don’t get me wrong I think this is kinda funny.... I just hope it’s not something someone’s feels they should do.

I think you only have to point the long range radar at this drone and it will fall from the sky.

I don’t think they are going to even bother trying for a safe landing and will take their chances with what ever it hits on the ground.

Unless it flies into the phased array or dish then that seems very unlikely. Aircraft are not damaged by radar systems, so why would a drone be damaged? It might overpower reception of the uplink, but that will just force RTH.

Unless it flies into the phased array or dish then that seems very unlikely. Aircraft are not damaged by radar systems, so why would a drone be damaged? It might overpower reception of the uplink, but that will just force RTH.

I was thinking heat damage. Based on antidotal evidence. I buddy of mine was telling me how they use to stand in front of the norad Array in Northern arctic Canada back in the Cold War to get warm. Just a few seconds he said. It was so cold they knew the risks but did it anyways on some patrols.

I thought maybe a long enough exposure For a drone would cause the battery to heat up maybe and in some way cause it to fail but still be safe for the humans at that distance

Also used a few radios in ghz ranges that if they were too close at a high power output they often got damaged. I was assuming a similar effect on the drone, but I admit I have no background in this field.

Again. Just speculation.... in the spirit of conversation.

Reactions: sar104
Don't forget that computers operate at GHZ frequencies so their operations could also be impacted by high power GHZ transmissions. Our drones are flying computers, not just flying cameras.

A concentrated beam of high power microwave RF would cause problems. There is no question about it. That is what is in side of your microwave oven. Radar is usually wide angle and relatively low power. But when it is focused at high power its a different ballgame. Remember all the law enforcement officers that "cooked" themselves below the belt with handheld traffic radar? That was fairly low power, but highly focused.

It seems quite likely the military would be able to go well beyond the basic technology of jamming the communications link. It also seems likely they aren't going to advertise what countermeasures they have or might have and when they would use them. I am certain that I personally do not want find out because I almost love M2V as much as I do my dog (but not as nearly as much my wife).

I dont get this???
So a jammer of sorts, can jam GPS, so everyone in the area is affected... EVERYONE.....
Umm some sort of code recognision?? (sic..its late) Can they take control of your craft??

At risk of getting the FBI to get out of the Donut shop,.... How many darn good RPA's are there out there that dont use overly bloated crap firmware and software like DJI???

DJI makes it easy, for any Baliban operative to walk into a DJI store and buy one....... D'Allah, they are so easy to fly...

However, with a differant FC, differant Firmware and OS, what???? What????

My old Multiwii quad is a ***** to fly, no gps, bugger all flight stabilistation really.... Aeroscope or what ever crap they are thinking, wouldn't even know I am there???
Unless you shut down 2.4 and 5.8...... **** that would work eh....??

I dont get why everyone picks on DJI......

I dont get this???
So a jammer of sorts, can jam GPS, so everyone in the area is affected... EVERYONE.....
Umm some sort of code recognision?? (sic..its late) Can they take control of your craft??

At risk of getting the FBI to get out of the Donut shop,.... How many darn good RPA's are there out there that dont use overly bloated crap firmware and software like DJI???

DJI makes it easy, for any Baliban operative to walk into a DJI store and buy one....... D'Allah, they are so easy to fly...

However, with a differant FC, differant Firmware and OS, what???? What????

My old Multiwii quad is a ***** to fly, no gps, bugger all flight stabilistation really.... Aeroscope or what ever crap they are thinking, wouldn't even know I am there???
Unless you shut down 2.4 and 5.8...... **** that would work eh....??

I dont get why everyone picks on DJI......

Wide-area GPS jamming is not particularly difficult because the satellite signals are relatively weak. Spoofing is harder, but has been done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming