DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sorry I did a mess with my answers.mavic flying with fog/clouds

mike55

Reactions
Excuse me Anthony and Callum i' using iPhone and it'everything to small for me.last question.chance of losing GPS signal is higher in clouds/fog?thanks and sorry again.michele

Excuse me Anthony and Callum i' using iPhone and it'everything to small for me.last question.chance of losing GPS signal is higher in clouds/fog?thanks and sorry again.michele

Flying in clouds/fog can affect GPS but if you are above then you should be fine and just don't hang around in the fog/clouds

Flying in clouds/fog can affect GPS but if you are above then you should be fine and just don't hang around in the fog/clouds

Where did you get that from? Clouds and fog have a negligible effect on GPS signal propagation.

Where did you get that from? Clouds and fog have a negligible effect on GPS signal propagation.

From flying in them. I have seen my GPS lock drop from 19 to 14.

Also be aware that your mavic does have a cooling fan built into it that sucks air into the drone to cool the components. The Mavic is not officially water proof :)

Reactions: Viper 1
Also be aware that your mavic does have a cooling fan built into it that sucks air into the drone to cool the components. The Mavic is not officially water proof :)

True. But by the time that water is affecting the internal components you have bigger problems than the strength of the GPS signals.

Reactions: Viper 1
Flying in clouds is just not a good idea for a variety of other reasons. For commercial operators it is illegal and The FAA actually considers this to be “careless and reckless” as the see and avoid requirement is compromised when doing this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78