DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen In Maimi

Sir, you may be reading into this too much, but I was speculating and I did state specifically "I would like to think a process is in place". That was only me suggesting it would be nice if there was. I did not state there was or imply there is. I understand what you said in your previous post that youre suggesting from personal hands on knowledge you are aware there is "no current process" that I described. I appreciate the insight. Again, only a suggestion that there should, or possibly could be, if they explored it.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the good folks at Mavic Pilots could offer an international serial number and contact registry with DJIs consent and support? The owner of the “lost” drone would guarantee a modest reward and DJI/Mavic Pilots site could take a 10% finders fee from the reward.

Just a thought.

People who steal drones probably are looking to pawn the devices for cash and buy their next drug fix.

Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
@430Ferrari Agree! Be nice to have... nice things.

You know what else would be nice??? having the ability to post concerns, questions and insights and welcome positive, constructive feedback, but instead we get snarky, jaded and "I know best" replies "because my post count is 2,000+, so I feel entitled to say what I want".

OP posts he lost his drone by theft....subsequently..... a few comments of "awww **** that sucks" and "hope you find it". Maybe a few "this is what I did when I lost mine, maybe this will help you" posts would even work. Naaaaaa, we get "no, DJI sucks" or "sucks to be you".

We got a lot of adults in here.......well the appearance of.

Reactions: 430Ferrari
@430Ferrari Agree! Be nice to have... nice things.

You know what else would be nice??? having the ability to post concerns, questions and insights and welcome positive, constructive feedback, but instead we get snarky, jaded and "I know best" replies "because my post count is 2,000+, so I feel entitled to say what I want".

OP posts he lost his drone by theft....subsequently..... a few comments of "awww **** that sucks" and "hope you find it". Maybe a few "this is what I did when I lost mine, maybe this will help you" posts would even work. Naaaaaa, we get "no, DJI sucks" or "sucks to be you".

We got a lot of adults in here.......well the appearance of.
If it were me, I’d send a flyer with “reward offered” to every pawn shop in a 15 mile radius — in English and Spanish and file a police report with the Miami police department.

I hope OP gets his drone and equipment returned.

nstead we get snarky, jaded and "I know best" replies "because my post count is 2,000+, so I feel entitled to say what I want".
Yes .. it's terrible when users with actual knowledge make an effort to share it.
The forum would be so much more useful if everyone answering questions is just guessing.

If it were me, I’d send a flyer with “reward offered” to every pawn shop in a 15 mile radius — in English and Spanish and file a police report with the Miami police department.

I hope OP gets his drone and equipment returned.

;) Thumbswayup

Mavic Pro 2 Stolen in Miami, along with extra battery, nice case and a Mavmount. The thing was like new. Serial number 163DF9U0010tJ1. Insurance not covering as the vehicle did not have trunk. They got 3 suitcases with all my Canon SLR gear/lenses. Dropped our guard for 30 minutes. Ouch! Long shot but if that series number comes up.....

Sorry to hear about your loss....I live in Miami and I see drones on Craig’s List all the time....maybe a good place to start watching for your gear. Good luck

Sorry to hear about your loss, you must be a tourist........

You don't drop your guard for a minute in Miami, let alone 30 mins.....Good luck but slim chance of recovery.

Hessian State of mind

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka