DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Thank you! I'll ship your package out tomorrow.

If mounted in the front, do these affect the video/photos (will be used during daylight only). I am thinking of maybe just getting 1 for the rear for visibility and orientation help if needed.

If mounted in the front, do these affect the video/photos (will be used during daylight only).
I've sold many. Nobody has ever complained about that problem.

So, has anyone had any problems when using the LED's with the DJI MAVIC PRO . I heard a few guys were complaining that it screwed up their compass or GPS when they were in the strobe mode. Has anyone tested for RF or EMF and I would guess location of the lights could make a big difference too. I know there is several type on the market, LUME CUBE, CREE Q5 light mounted on top, Strobon Cree Flytron and Firehouse Tech.and PGY TECH PGYTECH | Mavic Accessories | Shanghai | spark mavic accessories.

So, has anyone had any problems when using the LED's with the DJI MAVIC PRO . I heard a few guys were complaining that it screwed up their compass or GPS when they were in the strobe mode. Has anyone tested for RF or EMF and I would guess location of the lights could make a big difference too. I know there is several type on the market, LUME CUBE, CREE Q5 light mounted on top, Strobon Cree Flytron and Firehouse Tech.and PGY TECH PGYTECH | Mavic Accessories | Shanghai | spark mavic accessories.

I haven't done official meter testing, but I've used the Strobon Cree's for a year on my Mavic Pro (mounted on the arms) without any interference of any kind, and almost 3 years on my Yuneec Typhoon 500+, mounted between the outer motor supports with the same results.
I'm sure if others have had issues they'll chime in here.

Jake

I heard a few guys were complaining that it screwed up their compass or GPS when they were in the strobe mode.
Are you referring to STROBON Cree LEDs or another type of light? If STROBON Cree LEDs, please provide links (if you still have them) so we can take a look at those complaints.

I haven't done official meter testing, but I've used the Strobon Cree's for a year on my Mavic Pro (mounted on the arms) without any interference of any kind, and almost 3 years on my Yuneec Typhoon 500+, mounted between the outer motor supports with the same results.
I'm sure if others have had issues they'll chime in here.

Jake

I hope I have the save luck as you. I have a few on order. I have had my Mavic for almost 1 1/2 years wit zero problems. But, I keep reading about flyaways and other crashes. like it just fail out of the air. Plus when you read DJI manual on calibrating the compass--no metal around for 20 ft no cell phone om your body, no electrical lines or ever a electronic watch. Makes you wonder about RF from a device you added. I sure DJI if not approved by them, means no warranty. I don't they have ever endorsed an item not made by them to be use on their product.

Last edited:
Are you referring to STROBON Cree LEDs or another type of light? If STROBON Cree LEDs, please provide links (if you still have them) so we can take a look at those complaints.

I don't have any. I just ordered some but came across some guys complaining about problems with theLED lights in strobe mode.
The LUME CUBE is made with a metal housing, which help shield RF. so I thinking they have done their testing already.

But, I keep reading about flyaways and other crashes. like it just fail out of the air..

The majority of those are pilot error.

Plus when you read DJI manual on calibrating the compass--no metal around for 20 ft no cell phone om your body, no electrical lines or ever a electronic watch.

There is very little metal in the STROBONs. There is far more metal in the circuitry on the Mavic itself.

These things are tiny. While anything is possible, I've never heard of them causing any sort of compass or electronic interference.

Reactions: Soonerdrone
The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light is the brightest navigation strobe solution for drones. The light is visible from 3 miles away at night—making it compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti collision light rules for drones. The on-board battery lasts for 2+ hours of continuous use and can be recharged via a micro USB cable.

I sell and ship these from the US (Harrisburg, PA) everyday except Sunday. I currently have white, red, and green lights in stock. Go here for more details or to place an order.

View attachment 13483

View attachment 13484

View attachment 13485

Note: The above video is showing a larger version of this strobe light. The STROBON Cree® LED strobe light functions exactly like this larger version.
How far can you see these in daylight??

How far can you see these in daylight??
Me personally? About 800 - 1,000 feet. Some people say they are able to see them from even further away.

Its a great idea for sure. However, if you attach one of these units on one arm of the Mavic Air, would it not affect the demand of the motors on the attached side? I am concerned that the drone wouldn't be "balanced" with respect to aerodynamic flights. Alternatively, perhaps attaching a velcro pad on the bottom of the drone, just below the rear sensor, and then with velcro attach the strobe to the Air's velcro would be a more balanced option. On the other hand, I would be concerned about affecting the rear sensor with this configuration. Perhaps attaching the strobe to the battery, however I would be concerned about the heat generation from the battery. Are there other mounting or concerns outs there?

Its a great idea for sure. However, if you attach one of these units on one arm of the Mavic Air, would it not affect the demand of the motors on the attached side? I am concerned that the drone wouldn't be "balanced" with respect to aerodynamic flights. Alternatively, perhaps attaching a velcro pad on the bottom of the drone, just below the rear sensor, and then with velcro attach the strobe to the Air's velcro would be a more balanced option. On the other hand, I would be concerned about affecting the rear sensor with this configuration. Perhaps attaching the strobe to the battery, however I would be concerned about the heat generation from the battery. Are there other mounting or concerns outs there?

I believe people have posted pics on this thread how they have mounted theirs. i have the Pro models myself and they made some sort of light bracket that i modified, hot glues my strobes on and slip the mount on and off, it fits right over the top, i belive i posted a pic in here sometime ago. On the MP1, i have 2 and on the M2Z i have 1, both on identical brackets just the strobes in different place on them. They sit back far enough that they dont interfere with anything on the drone and on return, because the Drones pitch down, the strobes are very visible. a mount like the one in the "link" would work for the air, remove the center screw and hot glue a Strobe or 2 on it . i ordered one for my M2Z and i might look to see if they have one for the pro, its a cleaner look

For DJI Mavic AIR Drone 360° Camera 1/4" Screw Holder Adapter Mount Accessories | eBay

Attachments

• M2Z and MP1.jpg
    M2Z and MP1.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member