DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sugestions, comments, critics, ...etc. are welcome

Nice video

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Beautiful. I don't know how I'd improve it. I am curious though. Is this an abandoned village? I saw a dog but not a single person.
Ok. It's raining here today and I'm housebound. So, I had to not only watch the video, but scan for people. I found only one: a person is walking along the perimeter road in the clip beginning at about 2:00.

So @DiscoverSpain, donde esta la gente?

Beautiful. I don't know how I'd improve it. I am curious though. Is this an abandoned village? I saw a dog but not a single person.

The village is in what they call in Spain, the "España vaciada" (emptied Spain).
The climate in that area is harsh, there are no services in the village (doctors, supermarkets, bars, ...etc.), there is probably no internet connection except by satellite, there are no jobs except farming, ...etc.
Because of these conditions, the young people leave, and only the old people are left, except in the summer holidays, and village festivals, where those who left return with new family.
According to the last Spanish census, the village has 14 inhabitants.

Thanks for watch and comment!

Ok. It's raining here today and I'm housebound. So, I had to not only watch the video, but scan for people. I found only one: a person is walking along the perimeter road in the clip beginning at about 2:00.

So @DiscoverSpain, donde esta la gente?

During all the time I was in and around the village filming, I think I saw 4 people.

I mentioned in the previous post why there are no people in the village. It's sad, but that's how it is.

I hope that after watching the video looking for people in the village, you liked it and didn't end up hating it.

I hope that after watching the video looking for people in the village, you liked it and didn't end up hating it.
On the contrary, watching it very closely made me appreciate that beautiful details - the stone walls, the arches over doorways, the way the village outer walls melded with the natural rock in the cliffs, now neatly kept everything is.

It must be very different on holidays when the village is filled with people and activity. Thanks again for a look at parts of Spain that most tourists will never see. It's a beautiful country.

On the contrary, watching it very closely made me appreciate that beautiful details - the stone walls, the arches over doorways, the way the village outer walls melded with the natural rock in the cliffs, now neatly kept everything is.

It must be very different on holidays when the village is filled with people and activity. Thanks again for a look at parts of Spain that most tourists will never see. It's a beautiful country.

Yes, it is curious to see that although the village is almost uninhabited, it is quite well maintained and preserved. Unfortunately, this is not normally the case except in those that are very touristy (which it is not either).

I have not had the opportunity to be in this village on holidays, but I have been in others, and they are full of people and above all, children, which brings them back to life for a few weeks. And I also had the opportunity to talk to a local, who confirmed that this was the case.

Don't think that many people know this village even though in Spain. Since the COVID pandemic, people have turned to rural tourism: now there are many people in the most unexpected places. Still, in this village, on a Sunday in early spring, the only tourist was me.

It's been nice chatting!

Reactions: MS Coast

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique