DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestions on my video please

RaInMaN777

Reactions
Here's a video I made in adobe premiere, comments would be great. What I could of done different? I admit it's not made with a dji drone but my next one I post will be. I ordered the p4p obsidian, I was just gonna order the advanced and save money since I don't really care about the extra sensors since the side ones only work in tripod mode but all well, I like the obsidian. I can't wait!!

Reactions: JMF
Here's a video I made in adobe premiere, comments would be great. What I could of done different? I admit it's not made with a dji drone but my next one I post will be. I ordered the p4p obsidian, I was just gonna order the advanced and save money since I don't really care about the extra sensors since the side ones only work in tripod mode but all well, I like the obsidian. I can't wait!!

Looks real nice, love the clarity of the trees around the river.

Very nice, I like it, looks like my backyard, where is this ?

Considering this is really just a test I'd say the following:

Nice photo snap effect.

Don't change the direction of the drone quickly in one shot, it looks like you made a mistake and realigning the shot. Some shots were too long. Some shots were of a different speed, which was from the drone speed. It needs to be the same or corrected if possible in post. Video is not as long as some that I've seen. If this were more then a test I'd say it contained about 45 seconds of real content. I'd recommend keeping each shot to around 3 second unless the view changes or there is a _lot_ to see. If I shoot 20 minutes of drone video I use something like 30 seconds of it.

Not to insult you or anyone but I keep in mind something that Casey Neistat mentioned in one of his videos... no one wants to see your slo-mo or video shots. Keep in mind, he's known for his great slo-mo and drone shots. But he has a good point. It's like watching someone's family slide show back in the day (with no narrative from anyone). How long to I want to look at a drone shot of a tree. Where experience comes from is being able to take the viewer on a journey. Lead them some place. That is what makes a video interesting as there was a purpose in watching it. You can do this in _many_ different ways. That is why I liked the camera photo snap thing at the start. It as different and fit in so it was entertaining. Even transitions from one clip to another can be entertaining if they are done right.

Considering this is really just a test I'd say the following:

Nice photo snap effect.

Don't change the direction of the drone quickly in one shot, it looks like you made a mistake and realigning the shot. Some shots were too long. Some shots were of a different speed, which was from the drone speed. It needs to be the same or corrected if possible in post. Video is not as long as some that I've seen. If this were more then a test I'd say it contained about 45 seconds of real content. I'd recommend keeping each shot to around 3 second unless the view changes or there is a _lot_ to see. If I shoot 20 minutes of drone video I use something like 30 seconds of it.

Not to insult you or anyone but I keep in mind something that Casey Neistat mentioned in one of his videos... no one wants to see your slo-mo or video shots. Keep in mind, he's known for his great slo-mo and drone shots. But he has a good point. It's like watching someone's family slide show back in the day (with no narrative from anyone). How long to I want to look at a drone shot of a tree. Where experience comes from is being able to take the viewer on a journey. Lead them some place. That is what makes a video interesting as there was a purpose in watching it. You can do this in _many_ different ways. That is why I liked the camera photo snap thing at the start. It as different and fit in so it was entertaining. Even transitions from one clip to another can be entertaining if they are done right.

Thank you for the feedback! I agree with you, some people like long videos and some short. Me personally I like them short because once you've seen a cut or "scene" for at least 5 or 10 seconds then it's done got to old. I'm still learning and I know I can do better and will. More to come eventually, I'm thinking of getting the mavic air instead of the p4p. The quality of the mavic air is better quality then what I used to shoot this and it's so compact!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast