Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Summer Clouds at Dawn on Biscayne Bay,Miami

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Matheson Hammock Dawn June 24,2021 Miami

A dawn visit June 24,2021 to my neighboring Matheson Hammock Park in Coral Gables (Miami), situated on Biscayne Bay, never fails to satisfy! The park faces east and provides daily beautiful and varying sunrises. This video was produced using the DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, and the Nikon XD750 DSLR and 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Processing using Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro, as well as LRLightroom5 for timelapse sequences. (1:51 minutes)

Last edited:
Very nice and thanks for sharing.

When I saw the first Pic of those clouds I knew there was going to be an AWESOME time-lapse. . . .

Matheson Hammock Dawn June 24,2021 Miami

A dawn visit June 24,2021 to my neighboring Matheson Hammock Park in Coral Gables (Miami), situated on Biscayne Bay, never fails to satisfy! The park faces east and provides daily beautiful and varying sunrises. This video was produced using the DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, and the Nikon XD750 DSLR and 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Processing using Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro, as well as LRLightroom5 for timelapse sequences. (1:51 minutes)
Beautiful clip!

Wow - that was great! You do really good work!

Beautiful clip!
Hi- All Just getting back to the computer after AM tennis game.- thanks to all for your compliments! Much appreciated. This 2 minute film required waking at 5 AM, shooting for 2 hours, then editing for 8 hours. But you all already know that!

Dale
Miami

When I saw the first Pic of those clouds I knew there was going to be an AWESOME time-lapse. . . .
Thanks- I knew you would take notice of it. The lightning flash was so short it was not even noticed. Here it is as extracted from the timelapse sequences.

Click on the image to make full frame.

Lightening imge.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dale, Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Those skies are just amazing Dale
Thanks so much.

My little secret is that it's all in the processing!!!! You were seeing the video rendered from a series of RAW images and processed in Lightroom, which has the same processing engine as Photoshop.

Once I find a single image I like, I can grab that image and process it in Photoshop and ACR. Once I bring it into Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) I can extract amazing definition and color in those clouds and skies. Remember, these are timelapse RAW files taken with a DSLR and each individual shot is as high as 35 MP. My intervals (time between shots) was 3 seconds so I was lucky to catch one of the lightning blots. I shot a series of over 500 shots in that series!

Dale

Thanks so much.

My little secret is that it's all in the processing!!!! You were seeing the video rendered from a series of RAW images and processed in Lightroom, which has the same processing engine as Photoshop.

Once I find a single image I like, I can grab that image and process it in Photoshop and ACR. Once I bring it into Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) I can extract amazing definition and color in those clouds and skies. Remember, these are timelapse RAW files taken with a DSLR and each individual shot is as high as 35 MP. My intervals (time between shots) was 3 seconds so I was lucky to catch one of the lightning bolts. I shot a series of over 500 shots in that series!

Dale

You give me hope. ? thank you for the beautiful views.
Are you kidding me? Your location of Indian River Beach, with that spectacular west view provided you with year round daily gorgeous sunset opportunities. I would have to drive for 5 hours to get there! Get our your SOL app and you can predict th sunrise daily! Plan to arrive at the shooting spot at least 45 minutes ahead of time to set up. Sol:Sun Clock. The app I use the most. I think it's free.Sol app.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman