DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surprised there is no third party solution to the Android charging from controller problem.

There never will be unless Samsung changes the way it routes power and data. Ive heard of some mcguyver paper trick where you can push a piece of paper between one terminal connection but thats a myth to me. Goofed news is most people don't have more than 3 or 4 batteries so its never a an issue. The RC will last at least 4 or 5 or even 6 drone batteries as long as you go into settings and turn off fast charging. Thats basically end of the story here. Iphone users don't gain a thing by having 30% RC battery left at the end of the day if they have nothing to RC LOL

There never will be unless Samsung changes the way it routes power and data. Ive heard of some mcguyver paper trick where you can push a piece of paper between one terminal connection but thats a myth to me. Goofed news is most people don't have more than 3 or 4 batteries so its never a an issue. The RC will last at least 4 or 5 or even 6 drone batteries as long as you go into settings and turn off fast charging. Thats basically end of the story here. Iphone users don't gain a thing by having 30% RC battery left at the end of the day if they have nothing to RC LOL
I've provided a correct response. And you've just immediately provided an incorrect one.

Also it is an issue. It means every time you fly you are using 1 recharge cycle count of a non- replaceable battery.

I've provided a correct response. And you've just immediately provided an incorrect one.

Also it is an issue. It means every time you fly you are using 1 recharge cycle count of a non- replaceable battery.
That is a possibility on this celebration of life tonight has been. TBH I never read even one of comment tonight. Im probably way off base. I appoligize if I was rude

That is a possibility on this celebration of life tonight has been. TBH I never read even one of comment tonight. Im probably way off base. I appoligize if I was rude
And now that I did read the second part of your last comment im gonna have to disagree with that at least that because I read that and its not true but hey we all have a right to our own opinions so do you. Im not mad at ya

Im pretty sure i have a lot more experience with the subject than you do or even most others. Believe it or not. It is a non issue unless you want to make it one and if thats the case then I guess you'll be the only one stressing over something thats a non issue 100% of the time

Oh and we're talking about an Android, not a LiPo battery being charged. Unlike a USB LiPo charger, we still need the Android to maintain the data connection.

Anyone try connecting a USB volt/amp meter between an RC and iOS with iOS charge mode turned off?
One thing that could work safely (I still believe CareyL's solution is risky) is cut the power leads from the RC to the Android, and feed an external power source limited to 500mA.
Whatever all that was that you just said along with that virtual straight face is honestly working on me a bit bro. I almost feel a little smarter after just trying to hear you out till the end of it because for one you didn't stutter, didnt back track, appeared to have spelled every word correctly, along with proper grammar and manners, poise and confidence in yourself to boot.... So for that sir I'm giving you an A, 95 grade on that, well done sir well done?. Now as far as me and my score score here and how well I'm doing on this charging issue that constantly drains Androids RC battery, well im almost an average intelligent man, pilot, comedian(ok we can go with clown if that also fits for ya ?) that mostly spells good enough to get by as an above average in intelligence, has fair to middlin grammer, great sense of humor but can also stand his ground when feeling threatened or in a case of feeling brain bullied which is the absolute worst I tell ya but he does seem to lack any technical computer intelligent sexy words that make your skin tingle and your liver to quiver so adding up my score with those stats in mind id have to say... give or take a milli point for going way to long on his jokes, my score is gonna be roughly 99.89 is the best I can give myself because again I just go to long with it all and at a certain point it starts to lose its humor ive driven the point home way too deep for the subject matter at hand but never the less its still an A+ on count that nun of dat der smart sounding crapolla even matters unless you have 6 or more drone batteries, which is like 3 hours of continuous flying and creating such mental fatigue along with constant VLOS gonna ware out a mortal man's eyeballs. Now that man im speaking of there, he'd get 100.174 Grade which is equivalent to like an A×÷!! NOW THATS A GRADE ID LIKE TO ACHIEVE SOMEDAY ?

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Whatever all that was that you just said along with that virtual straight face is honestly working on me a bit bro. I almost feel a little smarter after just trying to hear you out till the end of it because for one you didn't stutter, didnt back track, appeared to have spelled every word correctly, along with proper grammar and manners, poise and confidence in yourself to boot.... So for that sir I'm giving you an A, 95 grade on that, well done sir well done[emoji122]. Now as far as me and my score score here and how well I'm doing on this charging issue that constantly drains Androids RC battery, well im almost an average intelligent man, pilot, comedian(ok we can go with clown if that also fits for ya [emoji1]) that mostly spells good enough to get by as an above average in intelligence, has fair to middlin grammer, great sense of humor but can also stand his ground when feeling threatened or in a case of feeling brain bullied which is the absolute worst I tell ya but he does seem to lack any technical computer intelligent sexy words that make your skin tingle and your liver to quiver so adding up my score with those stats in mind id have to say... give or take a milli point for going way to long on his jokes, my score is gonna be roughly 99.89 is the best I can give myself because again I just go to long with it all and at a certain point it starts to lose its humor ive driven the point home way too deep for the subject matter at hand but never the less its still an A+ on count that nun of dat der smart sounding crapolla even matters unless you have 6 or more drone batteries, which is like 3 hours of continuous flying and creating such mental fatigue along with constant VLOS gonna ware out a mortal man's eyeballs. Now that man im speaking of there, he'd get 100.174 Grade which is equivalent to like an A×÷!! NOW THATS A GRADE ID LIKE TO ACHIEVE SOMEDAY [emoji1]
What are you trying to say?

Reactions: anotherlab
I used to think that the RC was controlling the power and was successful with iOS devices but forgotten with Android.

But then I realized it wasn't being managed by the RC, but rather the app controlling the phone. iOS provides an app the capability to control whether it draws charge power or not, but Android specs do not. At least not without rooting. If it were possible, you'd see apps published to control charging. There are such apps, but they require rooting. DJI can't rely on rooting nor if some manufacturers provide such an interface. They have to work with as low of a common denominator as possible.
However if a mfr provides such a setting then the user can certainly take advantage of it.

Turning on/off fast charging won't do it. The RC already only puts out the minimum current allowed by USB specifications, which is 500mA. That's not even what phones consider standard charge, but rather slow charge.

For the newer, larger remotes, drawing up to 500mA won't matter much as the RC battery has quite a bit of capacity.
However the RCs for all the previous model Mavics have smaller capacity batteries and you can easily deplete them in an hour or so when connected to an Android. I average 3 M2 batteries before I get close, and once it screeched at me being lower than 12%, as there was more than usual idle time that time.

So yes, it does matter, and no, not much DJI can do about it until Android adds the needed API. Even then, you'd have to have that version of Android OS.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming