DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swelling batteries

I think the DJI batteries are only 8-10C, not 30C like some have stated. At 10C (which is fairly low spec) that gives them near 40A discharge which is plenty for a photo-rig quad copter. The advantage here is the lower C batteries are also lighter than the higher C (which are more dense) rated batteries. If you're into racing quads, then you'll need the 30-65C batteries out there on the market. They also dont use standard 4.2v/cell LiPo's, not even LiHV 4.35v but rather a 4.4v variant which can be found in new smart phones. Advantage here again is higher energy density per gram so the greater flight times with weight savings. These 4.4v/cel are also being used in the Mavic Air. The Mavic 2 batteries fully charged are 17.6v as per the specs, the Mavic Air are 13.2v.

Swelling cells-I would say being kept fully charged is the culprit but who knows for sure. The 10 day discharge is only if you dont touch the battery. If you keep it fully charged and check on the battery within the time frame it resets the counter thus pro-longing the time at which its kept fully charged. Heat can also do the deed. Charging while hot is another but they have protections built in for that up until 40celcius, best to let it cool to 20celcius before charging again.

For discharging to storage, your best use would be the powerbank adapter as you can then use it for something useful like charging your phone but my honest view is that these batteries being expensive as they are, Rather than waste half a cycle on charging my phone, I'd rather short-charge it with a ~20min timed charged into approximate storage levels or use the white RCGeek charger with a dedicated storage mode switch.

For the 10day non-configurable setting, I'd say its very much a commercial decision to keep us buying new batteries. These things are practically the ink-cartridges of the drone world except the drones arent $5 like the printers are :)

6 months seems pretty weak for a warranty for something that costs well over $100.

Does DJI Care extend the warranty?

6 months seems pretty weak for a warranty for something that costs well over $100.

I agree but business is business. Batteries can be (and frequently are) mishandled by new owners, so DJI gives the minimum term of coverage on them. DJIs own firmware allowing 10 day autodischarging is a possible own cause of battery failure and warranty claims if a battery is left in extreme temperatures.

Does DJI Care extend the warranty?

Not on batteries.

I had five 100% batteries readied april2nd2019. They're all 3lighted today because of the replacement ma/rc sent.
Is it prudent to deep cycle now meaning go fly at 3lights all five bats until warn to land? Is deep cycle prudence (once in a great while)?

Hope it isn't a common problem.

This is my first drone and product with DJI. If I get $400 worth of bad batteries, that's going to be a very poor experience.

I'll stay @50 for mavic air 17minutes.
@133 for doubled time and velocity, tripled radius and elevation, mavic air play fare cheaper?

Factor in time in the air, less having to land/takeoff which wastes time/battery, higher quality of camera, lower noise, higher range/signal quality, 4Sv3S, increased weight etc

Gotta pay to play.

Factor in time in the air, less having to land/takeoff which wastes time/battery, higher quality of camera, lower noise, higher range/signal quality, 4Sv3S, increased weight etc

Gotta pay to play.
Yes money NOW well spent for outreach confidence over mavic air YET the trying anticipate looms mavic air's furthered wireless control development in hush will succeed

Yes money NOW well spent for outreach confidence over mavic air YET the trying anticipate looms mavic air's furthered wireless control development in hush will succeed
Technology will always be improving, you spend the money on needs rather than wants and its money well spent.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan