DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swollen Batteries Under Warranty After Two Years

JimWest

Reactions
I bought my Mavic 2 Pro and three batteries in February 2019. Several months ago, I noticed that the batteries were swelling, so I bought new ones. Last week, just for fun I decided to write DJI support and see if they would replace the swollen batteries. After more than two years of use, I really did not expect it. But Dios Mio! They're sending me three new batteries under warranty! All I had to do was make a video showing that if you placed the batteries on a flat surface and pressed on the edges, they would wobble. That plus proof of purchase and the serial numbers.

Good deal. ?

Wish I could get my four year old Spark batteries replaced under warranty. :D

Last week, just for fun I decided to write DJI support and see if they would replace the swollen batteries. After more than two years of use, I really did not expect it. But Dios Mio! They're sending me three new batteries under warranty!
That's pretty odd since those batteries are no longer under warranty. Is it possible they confused them with the batteries you recently purchased?

You'll find out for sure when you send in the proof of purchase and the serial numbers I guess.

Good luck, would be great if they did somehow mistakenly send you 3 new batteries, and you'd have some pretty good flying time available !! :)

That's pretty odd since those batteries are no longer under warranty. Is it possible they confused them with the batteries you recently purchased?
No. I sent them the proof of purchase from 2019 and also the serial numbers. I was surprised, too, but took it as an admission that there was some problem with a batch of batteries back then.

I wonder if they were part of a known bad batch????

I tried that and was turned down. They asked for SN and then told me they were out of warranty. Good for you!

Well I've got to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with DJI. We have 5 Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual batteries, purchased in February 2019, and all showed swelling and once discovered all were taken out of service. I happened across this thread (thank you to the OP) and figured I'd take a shot. All 5 were manufactured in the fall of 2018. I contacted DJI on August 12. They asked for videos & pictures of each battery, proof of purchase, etc (all reasonable and easy to provide). Today (9/1) I received 5 new self-heating batteries via UPS.

All throughout the process I received update emails as to where the case was in their process.

As a side note: I wasn't sure what DJI would do, and couldn't have the bird down for too long (fire department use), so I ordered 2 self-heating batteries through Amazon. I received genuine DJI batteries, but they were the standard Mavic 2 version, not self-heating M2ED as described in the listing. So if you order batteries from Amazon, check them closely.

Reactions: MA2 317 and BigAl07
Well I've got to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with DJI. We have 5 Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual batteries, purchased in February 2019, and all showed swelling. I happened across this thread (thank you to the OP) and figured I'd take a shot. All 5 were manufactured in the fall of 2018. I contacted DJI on August 12. They asked for videos & pictures of each battery, proof of purchase, etc (all reasonable and easy to provide). Today (9/1) I received 5 new self-heating batteries via UPS.

All throughout the process I received update emails as to where the case was in their process.

As a side note: I wasn't sure what DJI would do, and couldn't have the bird down for too long (fire department use), so I ordered 2 self-heating batteries through Amazon. I received genuine DJI batteries, but they were the standard Mavic 2 version, not self-heating M2ED as described in the listing. So if you order batteries from Amazon, check them closely.
Excellent. Thanks for the information!!

Reactions: MA2 317
Well I've got to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with DJI. We have 5 Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual batteries, purchased in February 2019, and all showed swelling and once discovered all were taken out of service. I happened across this thread (thank you to the OP) and figured I'd take a shot. All 5 were manufactured in the fall of 2018. I contacted DJI on August 12. They asked for videos & pictures of each battery, proof of purchase, etc (all reasonable and easy to provide). Today (9/1) I received 5 new self-heating batteries via UPS.

Awesome! ☺️

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan