DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet adapter for Mavic - 3D Printing Needed - Group Buy???

SpeedVision

Reactions
I'd like to get my hands in one of these in black ABS (ideally). This solution, combined with a ball mount and tablet adapter off Amazon seems to be a slick and cost effective solution. I believe this is the ideal solution since it has special provisions at the top for a secure fit without unnecessary movement.

If you have printing capabilities would you consider making one for me (us). Please PM me with pricing details.

Please note: leenanj has respectfully declined to produce these in larger quantities, so please do not solicit him for printing. We certainly appreciate his contribution and his willingness to share it!

3D Print part required:
Link to file - Tablet mount alternative

Picture - Mavmount alternative

Ball mount:
Amazon.com : Gosky 360 Degree 1/4" Screw Tripod Ball Head Mount / Ballhead for Monopod Digital Camera - Aluminum House and Steel Ball - Anodic Oxidation Treatment Process : Camera & Photo

Most flexible tablet adapter:
Amazon.com: Gimars 5 - 12” Screen 2 in 1 Phone iPad Tripod Mount Adapter Universal Tablet Clamp Holder Fits iPad Air Pro, Microsoft Surface and Most Tablets & Phones for Monopod, Selfie Stick, Tripod Stand Etc: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks!

If you don't find any takers, you could get this printed on Thingiverse. Go here and click "Order This Printed" on the right side of the page.

If you don't find any takers, you could get this printed on Thingiverse. Go here and click "Order This Printed" on the right side of the page.

Tried that, not a peep from anyone. Likely the small quantity (1) is a low/no priority.

Edit - tried another company for fun. We'll see. Either way, still like the group buy concept for someone interested.

Last edited:
My Mavic Pro just shipped out today, so I'm in the process of printing one of these out on my 3D printer in black ABS. According to the slicing software I use, it's going to take 11048.2 mm of filament and approx 2 hours 20 minutes to print just one. The amount of material and long print time may be why you're not getting a lot of offers to print one for you (most printers can only do one at a time due to size). Assuming it comes out well, I may offer to print a couple for others on here. I'll try to post pics here tomorrow if it comes out OK.
mavic mount.JPG

Last edited:
Super, that would be great. Make sure you reply to this thread with your results.

PS - the gosky ball mount appears pinkish, but it is red. Have one in hand and seems plenty strong.

No adapter/mount needed for iPad Mini, I've got one. Only thing necessary is 6" cable/

You will if you want to use a sun shield. This is my plan, that and I don't like the position of the mini, jammed into the controller.

3d print came out pretty good. Small amount of lifting around the bottom edges and corners (hard to avoid with larger ABS prints) - Seems very strong. I think the Mavic's controller would break before this part does. Don't have my mavic yet so no way to test fit.

IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2555.JPG

Reactions: Rangerdave
I'd like to get my hands in one of these in black ABS (ideally). This solution, combined with a ball mount and tablet adapter off Amazon seems to be a slick and cost effective solution. I believe this is the ideal solution since it has special provisions at the top for a secure fit without unnecessary movement.
I purchased Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic Pro, BASSTOP Flexible Mavic Pro Cellphone Tablet Mount Holder with 360 Degree Rotating, 4-12 Inches
71ThczfkTHL._SX522_.jpg
The concept is good. However, it is being returned because the tightening knows are difficult to tighten enough to prevent tablet's weight to keep in place and even more difficult to loosen to make fine adjustment. I might of kept it but arm doesn't fold and adds to bulk for ease of transport.

Just noticed the item is marked Currently Unavailable.

Marty

I purchased Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic Pro, BASSTOP Flexible Mavic Pro Cellphone Tablet Mount Holder with 360 Degree Rotating, 4-12 Inches
View attachment 5022
The concept is good. However, it is being returned because the tightening knows are difficult to tighten enough to prevent tablet's weight to keep in place and even more difficult to loosen to make fine adjustment. I might of kept it but arm doesn't fold and adds to bulk for ease of transport.

Just noticed the item is marked Currently Unavailable.

Marty

Thanks for sharing, most of the Chinese solutions on EBay and Amazon are junk, which is exactly why I've gravitated towards leenanj's solution.

If you have printing capabilities would you consider making one for me (us). Please PM me with pricing details.

Please note: leenanj has respectfully declined to produce these in larger quantities, so please do not solicit him for printing. We certainly appreciate his contribution and his willingness to share it!

3D Print part required:
Link to file - Tablet mount alternative

Picture - Mavmount alternative

Ball mount:
Amazon.com : Gosky 360 Degree 1/4" Screw Tripod Ball Head Mount / Ballhead for Monopod Digital Camera - Aluminum House and Steel Ball - Anodic Oxidation Treatment Process : Camera & Photo

Most flexible tablet adapter:
Amazon.com: Gimars 5 - 12” Screen 2 in 1 Phone iPad Tripod Mount Adapter Universal Tablet Clamp Holder Fits iPad Air Pro, Microsoft Surface and Most Tablets & Phones for Monopod, Selfie Stick, Tripod Stand Etc: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks!

We have a guy in my group on Facebook #dronedoggs he does all our 3D printed parts for our drones. Come check us out he may be able to help.

T

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Designed my own 3D Printed version.. Works and prints very well. IMG_7044.jpg IMG_7045.jpg

Do you have a similar one you designed that can fit an iPad 4 mini? I'd like to print one like yours. Very nice fit.

Do you have a similar one you designed that can fit an iPad 4 mini? I'd like to print one like yours. Very nice fit.
Ya, I have the top portion for the Ipad mini as well. I'll post a link for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929