DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet only Wi-Fi question

DroneCT

Reactions
So I use my iPhone to fly my mini 2 and would like to possibly use my iPad for a much
bigger view. The iPad I have is a Wi-Fi only ipad. Can I still fly my mini with a Wi-Fi only
ipad……I’m thinking in terms of the fly app map. Don’t I still need the cell network in order
to see. Sometimes I click the lower left hand corner on the fly app to open the map…..will
it still work with a Wi-Fi only iPad?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I use my ipad mini 5, wi-fi only, and have no problems with the map. You can use your phone as a hotspot and connect the iPad if you want to download area maps.

So I use my iPhone to fly my mini 2 and would like to possibly use my iPad for a much
bigger view. The iPad I have is a Wi-Fi only ipad. Can I still fly my mini with a Wi-Fi only
ipad……I’m thinking in terms of the fly app map. Don’t I still need the cell network in order
to see. Sometimes I click the lower left hand corner on the fly app to open the map…..will
it still work with a Wi-Fi only iPad?

Thanks in advance.
Accept for generation one I-Pad's you can definitely use them. I purchased an I-Pad mini 5th generation and I use it almost exclusively for flying my M2P. Just be sure you have checked for and installed any firmware and fly safe data base updates before leaving home or wherever WiFi is available. I have tried using my cellphone as a hot spot a few times in the past when I had forgotten to check, and it didn't work so well. Cheers

Reactions: DroneCT
Yes, I use my ipad mini 5, wi-fi only, and have no problems with the map. You can use your phone as a hotspot and connect the iPad if you want to download area maps.
The problem is that where I fly, is remote so no Wi-Fi or cell data….
So will the map still show up in this case?
Thanks.

Reactions: DroneCT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31