DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking Mini 2 On EasyJet and Flying on La Gomera

CJG

Reactions
Good morning to all UK and Spanish/Canary island folks,

I am planning to go on a walking holiday on La Gomera in November.

EasyJet seems to be the most likely airline I will use.

Has anyone had any experience - good or bad - taking a Mini 2 on EasyJet?

And am I right in assuming that the rules for flying a sub-250g drone in Spain/The Canary Islands are similar to the rules in the UK?

Thanking you all in anticipation!

CG

Good morning to all UK and Spanish/Canary island folks,

I am planning to go on a walking holiday on La Gomera in November.

EasyJet seems to be the most likely airline I will use.

Has anyone had any experience - good or bad - taking a Mini 2 on EasyJet?

And am I right in assuming that the rules for flying a sub-250g drone in Spain/The Canary Islands are similar to the rules in the UK?

Thanking you all in anticipation!

CG
Spain has adopted the EASA regulations used by the EU. But EU member nations may make modifications to the rules within their country.

Here are links to the regulations from each EASA country. Post Brexit, the UK is no longer a participant.
Here's a pretty good page of links to regulations from all the EU and EASA countries. Spain is included. The Chrome browser provides a translation service to English.
There's some further information on registration and licensing in another post on this forum:

I’ve flown with them to Fuerteventura. Just keep the batteries and remote in your cabin luggage and you’re all good.

Spain has adopted the EASA regulations used by the EU. But EU member nations may make modifications to the rules within their country.

Here are links to the regulations from each EASA country. Post Brexit, the UK is no longer a participant.
Here's a pretty good page of links to regulations from all the EU and EASA countries. Spain is included. The Chrome browser provides a translation service to English.
There's some further information on registration and licensing in another post on this forum:
Thanks for this @MS Coast. Really helpful

Reactions: MS Coast

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78