DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tech Question: Where are the preferences saved?

FlyingRod

Reactions
I want to have the ability to use either my iphone or the mini ipad with the Mavic control, depending on the situation, and I'm wondering if it's possible to synchronize my drone & flight preferences on both devices.

I guess if the preferences are saved on the control I might have a chance to have both devices with the same parameters, right? (If it's saved on the DJI app I might end up with a preference on my iphone that is different from the one on my ipad).

Any thoughts on that?

:)

Reactions: VortexSpin
I had just recently been wondering the same thing because I find myself in a situation where I need to go back and forth also between my iPad and my phone. I did not put that much thought into it's so I had not really come up with the logic of which settings were being saved where. Hopefully somebody here knows the answer. But in the meantime I just go and do my checks with everything before I go out and fly regardless if it was the same device that I used previously.

Reactions: FlyingRod
I want to have the ability to use either my iphone or the mini ipad with the Mavic control, depending on the situation, and I'm wondering if it's possible to synchronize my drone & flight preferences on both devices.

I guess if the preferences are saved on the control I might have a chance to have both devices with the same parameters, right? (If it's saved on the DJI app I might end up with a preference on my iphone that is different from the one on my ipad).

Any thoughts on that?

:)
I am curious if you ever found out the answer to this

From my understanding all setup parameters are kept on the bird. But I could be wrong.

They seem to be on either the bird or the RC. If I make a change on my iphone, i.e. RTH altitude, it shows up when I later plug in my Shield tablet.

If the settings effect the bird they are stored in the bird, if they effect the controller they are stored in the controller. I use 3 different controllers, iPhone6, iPad mini3 and big iPad Pro, not any issue to change from one to their other

A couple are stored in the app, like the whole app settings page including unit choice, video cache prefs etc, the "show battery voltage on main screen", the camera AF-C, histogram/lines display.
So these need to be configured manually on each device.

I guessing the majority of the settings are stored on the bird. Because whenever a firmware update is performed you will get a message stating your setting may have reset to the factory default. Like the previous reply stating some maybe local to the app.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka