DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Telstra tablets and phones

Over Yonda

Reactions
Gday all. Does anyone know if any of the "Telstra" branded tablets and or phones work with the DJO Go app? I just bought a Mavic but it turns out my iPhone 5C is not a compatible device. Yes I am annoyed, but moving on, so I am looking for another option within my budget. The Telstra gear all runs Android software. Any help would be great!

Gday all. Does anyone know if any of the "Telstra" branded tablets and or phones work with the DJO Go app? I just bought a Mavic but it turns out my iPhone 5C is not a compatible device. Yes I am annoyed, but moving on, so I am looking for another option within my budget. The Telstra gear all runs Android software. Any help would be great!

Gday mate. I don't think there are many who would know what the Telstra tablet is, unless they are from down under. Checked out the specifications and apparently it only has a 1GB ram. Would be ideal if you purchase a mini iPad running on iOS and you probably could get a cheap one on gumtree. It would definitely add value to the flying experience.

Reactions: Over Yonda
Gday mate. I don't think there are many who would know what the Telstra tablet is, unless they are from down under. Checked out the specifications and apparently it only has a 1GB ram. Would be ideal if you purchase a mini iPad running on iOS and you probably could get a cheap one on gumtree. It would definitely add value to the flying experience.
Thankyou for that. Looks like I may be getting an iPad

Many cheap chinese tablets and phones can handle go-app.
I have been using Umi Emax as dedicated device without single issue from last year. It has 2 gig of RAM which i think is key.
Also recently bought Cube iwork8 tablet which also has no issue with running go-app.
I would not restrict myself to using cheap chinese stuff that has just been rebranded by those dedicated thieving tel$tra people.
Cut out the middle man when you can.
Just search for decent spec items.
Cheers mate. A trip into town to look through Harvey Normans and Officeworks might yield something

I would suggest and ipad Mini 4, I just bought one to use for my Mavic and Spark. I am not an apple fan but I must say the IOS version of the GO4 App is brilliant and the ipad Mini is the perfect size.

A fellow Aussie here, I've flown mine with several different Android phones, the biggest problem seems to be the storage capacity, most seem to work ok but it was rare for them to not lockup and crash the app during a flight, usually when I attempted to record video they would all crash the app and it would shut down.
Due to the relatively small screen it was often hard to work out what the Mavic camera was looking at if I lost sight of it in the sky.
So after getting a newer Sanyo Xperia Z5 compact and occasionally still having app crashes I bit the bullet and bought a used Ipad mini 2 wifi/cellular on ebay, it has never had an app crash and it is much easier to use due to the bigger screen.It fits into the controller arms and I would recommend an Ipad mini, get the latest model you can afford. You need the cellular capable version as it has a GPS, otherwise you have to use your phone as a hotspot so the ipad has GPS data.
I keep the Ipad mini 2 just for use for the Mavic nothing else. I also have the latest firmware in the Mavic and the latest version of the app.

Actually you do not really need a cellular version of the iPad. I fly mine purely on aeroplane mode all the time an no issues with gps. Maybe only with the mapping that appears in the app for our current location but as mentioned you can do a quick hotspot to refresh the map and you are good to go. Even without cellular data, my flight logs and gps still shows me where the mavic has been flying. Might save you a few dollars

That is correct but my understanding is if you lose contact with the Mavic in a physical crash etc then as the data is coming from the Mavic then finding it might be impossible? Or have I got it wrong?

As long as the mavic has power, you should be able to find it using the app for sure. Also the app would include all the gps details for its last known location as well. No cellular dosent affect the operation of the drone or recording but you can easily use your mobile phone as a hot spot to update the data. Dosent warrant an extra $150-200$ for the cellular version as it seems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan