DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary Farewell

micinqld

Reactions
It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my beloved Drone.
We shared many a happy time together but not for the first time, she disobeyed me, with tragic consequences.
Until I muster the necessary shackles, I will be grounded!

but not for the first time, she disobeyed me
Is that Mapleton Falls?

Disobeyed you?
Losing GPS as you descended beside the wall will be part of the issue.
If you want to find out what really caused the problem, your flight data will probably explain it and help you to avoid repeating it.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

That was tragic, was looking good until the end, hope you find the ‘shackles’ soon.
Regards

Reactions: MARK (LI)
ouch, that was hard to watch upload your log though i would be interested to see what actually happen with the drone.

Btw, what was the model?

I was thinking he cleared the trees ok, what can go wrong now !?
Sorry to hear / see your loss, hopefully you can find something nice to fly again soon.
Keep an eye out for Aussie classifieds here, sometimes decent deals come up.
Best of luck finding the new aircraft, and hope Christmas / New Year is good for you.

sorry for the loss of your drone ,it does appear that it went into atti mode thats why it didnt stop
hope you get flying again soon

Reactions: MARK (LI)
We shared many a happy time together but not for the first time, she disobeyed me, with tragic consequences.
I’m certain she was good and faithful to you and brought you joy prior to going renegade. Not unlike an adolescent to think they’re stronger than granite. She’ll be remembered fondly I hope with pre recorded vids such as your last voyage. Consolations to you and hold fast. “Droning” is in your heart and gut. Not in the sky. On the other hand it truly sucks!!!! You’ll be back up in no time. Let everyone in your entire family know. Can’t hurt. Godspeed and sincerely sorry about the loss. Godspeed Droniac

I feel your pain and sorry for your loss! I posted about a similar experience earlier this year.

"I was flying my Mini 2 in Ice Box Canyon outside of Las Vegas when it started screaming "Atti Mode!", "Atti Mode!" at me and proceeded to drift sideways, then forward straight into the cliff wall. At that point it tumbled down the trickle of a waterfall into the pool at the bottom where I went wading in thigh deep ice cold water (thus "Ice Box Canyon") to retrieve it. Cracked in numerous places and gimbal was destroyed. Sent in to DJI with Care Refresh and got a replacement a few days later. Worth every penny."

Sorry to hear about that..your brothers in flight will be waiting for your return with open "props". HFTA

• Love
Reactions: Droniac
????????

Sorry about the drone.
Ouch!! Kamikaze drone. Hopefully, Santa brings you something nice.

I feel your pain and sorry for your loss! I posted about a similar experience earlier this year.

"I was flying my Mini 2 in Ice Box Canyon outside of Las Vegas when it started screaming "Atti Mode!", "Atti Mode!" at me and proceeded to drift sideways, then forward straight into the cliff wall. At that point it tumbled down the trickle of a waterfall into the pool at the bottom where I went wading in thigh deep ice cold water (thus "Ice Box Canyon") to retrieve it. Cracked in numerous places and gimbal was destroyed. Sent in to DJI with Care Refresh and got a replacement a few days later. Worth every penny."
Unfortunately mine is some 100+ feet at the bottom of the waterfall and I couldn't see it or a way down.

That sucks!!!!! were you able to recover it? if so is it repairable?
Is that Mapleton Falls?

Disobeyed you?
Losing GPS as you descended beside the wall will be part of the issue.
If you want to find out what really caused the problem, your flight data will probably explain it and help you to avoid repeating it.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
Mapleton falls and a mini1. Too far down to retrieve.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones