DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Crooked Spire...

Nice video - but I'm bound to say that 'cos I was born at Scarsdale Hospital and went to William Rhodes school.

I have fond memories of walking by the Crooked Spire to get to the library in what's now the museum & Pomegranate Theatre.

Reactions: Ktm250
Nice video - but I'm bound to say that 'cos I was born at Scarsdale Hospital and went to William Rhodes school.

I have fond memories of walking by the Crooked Spire to get to the library in what's now the museum & Pomegranate Theatre.[/QUOTE

Hi I am pleased you like it, it was quite difficult to portray what a beautiful church it is and how much history its got...

So you're almost on the No 77 'bus route like me then ;)

Give you half a guess where I'm from - but my name's not Ian.

Well a total guess because I last caught a bus 15 yrs ago, according to my wife the 77 goes from Worksop to chesterfield so let's aim half way Staveley???

Enjoyed the low flying shots as much as the spire! Well done!

Yeah, I liked the way the drone flew low in towards the church building in the opening shots, flew paths like a walk around, then at he close it backed away in similar low level fashion in closing the piece.
Very nice touch to film such places, well done.

Love it! and the follow on banter...
I always remember seeing the Crooked Spire as we pulled into Chesterfield Station as a young kid, it was an indication that the long train ride up from Penzance was almost over as we traveled to my gran's house in Creswell....
Makes me crave a pint of Stones now! :)

Thank you all really pleased you enjoyed it and it seems to bring memories back for you, i will have a pint of Stones at the weekend for you PastyBoy

Ah, just as good !
I was taking about this . . .

product-stones-reserve.png

Excellent to move onto after a few beers.

Love it! and the follow on banter...
I always remember seeing the Crooked Spire as we pulled into Chesterfield Station as a young kid, it was an indication that the long train ride up from Penzance was almost over as we traveled to my gran's house in Creswell....
Makes me crave a pint of Stones now! :)
And of course Creswell has the Crags . . .

Attachments

• DJI_0051.JPG
    DJI_0051.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 10
And of course Creswell has the Crags . . .

Oh that is fantastic! Whitwellian! (Ps like the Screen name too btw!)

Thanks for posting that picture I shall definitely send a link to my parents to view, they both grew up in Creswell, so we always went down t'crags when up there visiting. I was home on holiday in the UK last month and my brother said then how good it would have been to take the Mavic over there. I do not suppose you have a photo of the Model Village area and the Pit too by any chance?

Also love all the pictures of Stones! I need to find a distributor here in the USA!

Cheers,

Fraser

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor