DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI Avata, a Cinewhoop!!

FZhVJalaIAAB1_z.jpg

DJI AVATA SPECS AND PRODUCT PHOTOS, 18-MINUTE FLIGHT TIME, 4K VIDEO, 0.9 LBS FOR NEW DJI CINEWHOOP DRONE

GPS, RTH, current goggles v2 supported, so very likely a drone-only offering for existing DJI FPV. Not mentioned in this article, but with a kit offered with the old goggles, it must be supported.

DJI-Avata-specs-and-detailed-photos-0100.jpg.webp

The Avata is going to be officially announced on August 25 at 9 AM EDT

Is this a motion controller only product?
I'll add that there's pretty solid evidence at this point that it will have rate (acro/manual) mode (a cinewhoop? how could it not?!??!?) with a top speed over 26 m/s.

However, you'll have to buy the FPV remote separately.

The Motion Controller is a breakthrough piece of technology that makes flying a drone very intuitive and reflexive. Many existing pilots don't like it, often stated because you can't go backwards, and in my opinion because they're very used to sticks and can use them well. (don't actually need backwards when you can hover in place)

However, the unwashed masses are not like that. Since I got my FPV when it came out, and the MC, I have turned on more people to the thrill of flying with that MC than any other, well, ANYTHING in 10 years in this hobby.

The Avata will be the safest drone out of the box that DJI has ever made. Selling this bundled with the MC as the controller is marketing brilliance, and I believe will expand the market to many more noobs.

And make DJI fistfulls more money. Which is the point 😁

Reactions: Coskier
I just wish flying FPV didn't make me so nauseous.

Sitting helped some, but I would still walk away with a bad headache.

Fa2243bagAAxouH.jpg

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21