DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fix and reason why Tripltek Tablets can cause video lag....

I'm using the Tripltek 8 pro with a mini and 2 pro. Have noticed the video almost seems to skip frames on the tablet.

Haven't thought to turn off the radios on the tablet but it makes sense, especially around the house where it is probably struggling to stay connected to the mesh in the house.

Will give it a try.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I'm using the Tripltek 8 pro with a mini and 2 pro. Have noticed the video almost seems to skip frames on the tablet.

Haven't thought to turn off the radios on the tablet but it makes sense, especially around the house where it is probably struggling to stay connected to the mesh in the house.

Will give it a try.
Agreed this is a good tip and something I just added to my checklist.

I’ve been so tempted to get one. Is it really as bright as they say? So far my iPad with a sunshade has been the best I can do.
Absolutely. I started with an iPad and even though I’m not a huge Android fan bought the 7” before the 8” was announced. I’ve yet to come across a scenario where I had to use a shade/hood with the TT.

Reactions: TonyPHX
And of course in addition to not needing a hood, the tripltek does not go "dark" to manage overheating like the ipad does. From what I can see, the 7" is every bit as great as the 8. I just happened to start when the 8 was released. Either way, don't burn cycles on IOS. That screen dark thing is maddening.

. There is no doubt Tripltek brightness is awesome, but they are too bulky and heavy for my like.

It is definitely a big chunky tablet. Although after a morning of flying 6 Mavic 3 batteries, 8 mavic 2 pro batteries, and several skydios, it is so nice to be at 78% battery. : ) I love the super sized battery inside the tripltek and it is hard to go back to a device where you are worried about the level.

No, when I was having an issue with mine predates me even being a member here. They did get me fixed up, I just found it "high effort". : ) It was a blip, and honestly, now, love the tablet and don't leave the house without it. Between battery life and brightness, I cannot imagine flying my drones with anything less.
Can I ask what the fix was for the video loss? I have the Tripltek 8 inch Pro, and keep losing the video after about 18 minutes into the flight. I then have to restart the DJI Fly app to restore the video feed. I've changed the lead (twice), uninstalled and reinstalled the app, even factory reset the Tripltek 8 inch Pro, but the issue still occurs after about 18 minutes give or take..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy