DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The flying Scotsman

Rain stops play

Reactions
A local history group asked me to film the Flying Scotsman crossing a local viaduct today (do I need a license for that? Ah well ...).

I very nearly decided not to take off because it was windy, very windy! I'd say there were 20-25mph winds and I'm concious of the recomendation not to fly in winds above 22mph. You don't get many chances to film this train (not that I'm particularly into trains) and I couldn't dissapoint the old dears, so please excuse the wobbles (which I think may actualy be Premier Pro's warp stabilisaion rather than wind, or gimble antics ....).

Reactions: EJay and Atko
Oh by the way. This was using course lock on a line parallel to the viaduct. The wind laughed at my course 'lock' ....

Oh by the way. This was using course lock on a line parallel to the viaduct. The wind laughed at my course 'lock' ....

Ah, good use for that mode. I was wondering how you did such a good job staying parallel to the track all whilst turning around from backward flying to forward.

Soundtekk - thanks for the tip! Headed out there today and got some nice footage of it... and saw many other quads doing the same!

Reactions: Soundtekk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine