DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Part 107 Exam isn't as hard as you may think. You need a 70% to Pass it.

I was going to try to go the self study route and watched a few videos and read some material. My first practice test was 71%. Not nearly good enough to be confident My $179 wouldn't be wasted. I signed up for Pilot Institute and am glad I did. The course prepares you for any question in any form. Not just memorizing questions and answers. The exam was far harder than I expected. I wish I had more questions related to charts, but mine seemed to be very heavy on ADM. When the exam ended I certainly wasn't overly confident I scored well, but when they handed me my results, I scored 93%. From the time I signed up to when I took my exam, it was a little over three weeks. I could have done it sooner and there were some days where I didn't get a chance to watch the content.

There really is no right or wrong approach, just do what works best for you. But you should not go into this planning to get by with the minimum. We are talking laws and regulations that have stiff penalties if violated. It is best if you know your stuff, and more.

I passed with 73 a few years ago. Hardest part was reading the magazine printed photographs of sectional charts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom