DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The revolution

yendor

Reactions
I was one of the early MP pilots. I remember sitting in a chair with it, blankly staring at it in my hands. I would unfold the arms and fold them back together.
“If this craft actually works, this is going to be amazing.” Three batteries later it was my favorite R/C craft of all time. The remote was fantastic, the Ocusync was unbelievable, and the MP left me speechless. I quietly told a coworker I would have paid twice the amount for it if DJI thought to ask that much. Strange as this sounds to type, I didn’t care about the camera, the video capture or anything related to recording. I grew up impulsively buying and crashing R/C products and the MP was a game changer. In time I really began to appreciate all of the advances made with video capture and photo taking.

My Mavic air arrived yesterday. As soon as I held it in my hands I knew that this was going to be the new flatform for me. I simply cannot believe that the wizards at DJI were able to create this sorcery so rapidly. I foolishly sold my MP when the Spark came out (don’t tease, I liked the smaller size ) and I am just so pleased that the size is decreasing. Do I wish it had Ocusync? Of course I do, but to me the MA is truly a revolution. Ten years ago I was buying expensive helicopter kits and was excited for three minutes of flight time. You would have to buy your own transmitter, your own gyro, your own ESC, your own motor, your own receiver etc. if you got sweat in your eye or lost your ability to judge a calculation you wrecked your s#$t. You left the field with a sad face because you were down at least three hundred bucks every crash. The folk at the hobby stores would laugh as they sold you new parts to put your bird back together. I smile when I read negative things about the current drones because most fliers just don’t truly understand how impressive these craft are. I mean, who would have imagined linking your r/c craft with satellites?!?!?!?!? I am not sure what the point of my post is but I am very happy this morning and I wish all of you a great weekend.

Yendor,

I can totally share your view. Having a similar RC history, I find the Mavic a revelation! However, I still fly (giant) 50% scale RC gliders and enjoy their silent move on thermal summer days...

What's the point of your post to me? Expression of plain joy and amazement! To me that seems like a motive more justified than most ;)

It takes someone a bit older to really appreciate the technology. Millennials, growing up with a smart phone instead of a rotary dial corded phone, or a gaming PC instead of a Commodore 64 (or the typewriter which I used throughout college), or vinyl records and 8 track tapes instead of micro sd cards that hold thousands of songs, will never really understand.

It takes someone a bit older to really appreciate the technology. Millennials, growing up with a smart phone instead of a rotary dial corded phone, or a gaming PC instead of a Commodore 64 (or the typewriter which I used throughout college), or vinyl records and 8 track tapes instead of micro sd cards that hold thousands of songs, will never really understand.

100%! I grew up building balsa wood RC with silk-span covering.
Some +40 years later and look where we are today!

Reactions: yendor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh