DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There is no DJI ban. Please disregard any story that says there is.

Recent DJI ban, might have big consequences. To those that do not see it:

If Gov. is not allowed to invest in those companies, it will not be allowed to buy DJI hardware. If Gov. is not allowed to purchase the hardware, every government vendor/contractor during next compliance screening might be asked if they are using products from the ban list…

I’m not sure what percentage of DJI sale is government/corporate contractors, but I would assume it will hit them hard, and few wedding photographers with their Mini 2 and Mavic 3 purchases might not save the US market.

It is not immediate, it will take few months/years, but check if you can buy P40 (Huawei) from your local cell carrier, yes you can buy it on ebay or Amazon but not from Version or others. All the local DJI stores might be closing if Police and gov will not be using DJI.

There might be few reasons for this ban:

Less likely: They do not want this tech in the hands of people, it will be produced by local military contractors and gov will still have their small drones, paying way more money for it, that’s more likely reason. Remember 150k USD mini recon helicopter that was smaller than Mavic mini, all the “research and development” story we were fed…That was scam like no others.

Genocide is just an excuse, and has nothing to do with the ban.
I wonder if we will be able to register drone on the ban list or fly one in certain air spaces.

Maybe skydio will pick up the slack, they are US based company after all, but I have a feeling it will go to mil contractor where more money can be extracted, if you don’t know what it is about, it must be about the money.
The recent "ban" is only about not being allowed purchase or sell certain publicly traded securities. DJI is a privately held company, and doesn't trade publicly. This was announced by the U.S. Treasury Department two days ago (12/16/21).

This is an blatant political move by D.C. bureaucrats that have given up even trying to hide their anti-China bais. It's beyond the pale when D.C. politicizes the Treasury Department.

BTW, this is already costing DJI buyers quite a bit, with zero reasoning. Take the new RC Pro controller for the Mavic 3. In the U.S. it costs $1199. If I went to Canada to buy it, it coast $979USD. The difference in price is the duty paid by Chinese companies on U.S. imports.

The idiots in Congress who impose this garbage have zero idea what it does to the small businesses and hobbyist when they pull this nonsense.

I would use stronger language in this post, but group rule prohibit that... 😉

///

Maybe skydio will pick up the slack, they are US based company after all, but I have a feeling it will go to mil contractor where more money can be extracted, if you don’t know what it is about, it must be about the money.

My understanding is that Skidio was a Chinese company.... but had their main office in the USA - wonder how that will go?

Overall I'm not concerned at this point as far as DJI is concerned.

My understanding is that Skidio was a Chinese company.... but had their main office in the USA - wonder how that will go?

Unless wrong being in the the Skidio forum seems other than
thier office being here the only thing that is made in the US is the framework . Might be mistaken. And sure I will be corrected if wrong.

You're confusing Skydio with Autel. Autel is a Chinese company with a U.S. HQ. Skydio is a U.S. company. They even make an NDAA compliant UAS.

I must have been mistaken as it was awhile back when I read
what I did in Skydio. This is what I had read.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143