DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is why I decided NOT to get a drone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. Thanks for putting into words what I suspect everyone else was thinking. And I agree, I take my Mavic on my motorbike and to work, because you never know just when you will see something of interest, but mostly because I enjoy flying and it’s an excuse to get the bird up.
Yeah, I had started to type a reply but don't think it would have went down well.

Well said. Thanks for putting into words what I suspect everyone else was thinking. And I agree, I take my Mavic on my motorbike and to work, because you never know just when you will see something of interest, but mostly because I enjoy flying and it’s an excuse to get the bird up.
That sounds a depression: I really would like to but I am afraid of. Should go lying on a psychiatrist's couch to tell there all his troubles with this freightening world...

come on guys, cant you see he is only telling us that it is a stupid impulse buy. If you cant use it every day you are wasting your money. You know like snowmobiles, golf clubs, hunting rifles, pool tables, etc. etc. You Know, dumb man cave stuff!
He may have saved all of us some real money!

Too funny for words...like signing up to Porsche 911 forum telling everyone not to get one...dugh! Pointless waste of time...and in the meantime...I flew my drone today, and will continue to do so at every safe and allowed fly zone wherever

Reactions: ssvdh66
Just to add to this...did my homework last week on another city, found a great part of it is a no fly zone, but a short distance down the road there is place to fly...so onboard goes the bird for a new adventure ;-))

Quick Summary on Drone Lawsuits/Litigation:
Criminal Cases- most of the criminal cases tend to be prosecuted under the state law equivalent of careless and reckless endangerment or something along those lines. The other batch of prosecutions has to do with violations of exporting technology associated with military drones.

DJI’s lawsuits involve them being on the receiving end of a class action or DJI being the plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit.

Then there is everything else. The civil causes are all over the place (an Equal Protection Clause challenge against a state drone law, injured people suing drone flyers, products liability, breach of contract, etc.).

Taken from another post on this site.. be careful flying guys.

I thought hard about getting a drone, actually got one for Christmas from my kids. Took it back, got another, then looked into flying areas - and found so limited. It’s too bad as I really wanted to play with a drone for a while, but took second drone back too. The lack of actual places to fly and short flight times discouraged me. It’s not going to get any better. Buyer beware!

This poor guy got a $230 ticket for flying his drone. What a shame.

I wish this kid's mom would stop letting him use the computer.

I thought hard about getting a drone, actually got one for Christmas from my kids. Took it back, got another, then looked into flying areas - and found so limited. It’s too bad as I really wanted to play with a drone for a while, but took second drone back too. The lack of actual places to fly and short flight times discouraged me. It’s not going to get any better. Buyer beware!

This poor guy got a $230 ticket for flying his drone. What a shame.

As a Colorado resident who has practically explored the entire state, I would like to call you out as a troll. Colorado, and pretty much the rest of the Midwest has an abundance of airspace to fly freely in. You state Estes as your primary dissapointment (obviously you’re from Denver bc that’s the only natural space you seem to know). And since RMNP is a...well...National Park, you obviously can’t fly there. RMNP is tiny compared to all of the national forest land and open land you have available in CO. You could literally drive East, North, South for less than an hour and be in open space. The entire Eastern side of the state literally grassland. Over RMNP, north of it and south of it you have Pike, Aprapahoe, white river, Holy Cross, San Juan, medicine bow, WYOMING. Quite literally some of the best and most spectacular views and nature landscape this entire country has to offer. You embarrass me.

Bet you wish you would have went with the new lawnmower instead of the drone now, huh? LOL on you!

I can strap my generic go pro to my head and make mow videos....

Quick Summary on Drone Lawsuits/Litigation:
Criminal Cases- most of the criminal cases tend to be prosecuted under the state law equivalent of careless and reckless endangerment or something along those lines. The other batch of prosecutions has to do with violations of exporting technology associated with military drones.

DJI’s lawsuits involve them being on the receiving end of a class action or DJI being the plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit.

Then there is everything else. The civil causes are all over the place (an Equal Protection Clause challenge against a state drone law, injured people suing drone flyers, products liability, breach of contract, etc.).

Taken from another post on this site.. be careful flying guys.
now look for similar re. the rc aircraft that you fly

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
AWWW come on while i don't get to fly over pristine beautiful landscapes , i always wanted to FLY, so now i do, YAY! LOVE MY MAVIC! 9months now, no crashes just 1st world problems
& that poor guy was flying over a wildlife refuge , and while no wildlife was being harassed , he posted it on the tooB and the bored Ranger stumbled across it, gave HIM something to do !

Reactions: MikeF1 and Callum
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25