DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This quality is amazing!

Ok thanks I have flown from Waterwise play Area to Worthing pier. Chanctonbury ring and cissbury ring I like too. Have you tried Cowdry ruins in Midhurst? thats a must.
I've still not been up Cissbury or Chanctonbury yet, I haven't bothered because going up Highdown is pretty uneventful and didn't expect it to be much different. Looked on Google Maps and Images for Cowdry Ruins, looks like a great place to fly, I'll probably have to try getting up there in the week if the weather is alright. I reckon flying around that stranded digger in the sea off of lancing would be good too. Make the Mavic circle it as a point of interest.

I've still not been up Cissbury or Chanctonbury yet, I haven't bothered because going up Highdown is pretty uneventful and didn't expect it to be much different. Looked on Google Maps and Images for Cowdry Ruins, looks like a great place to fly, I'll probably have to try getting up there in the week if the weather is alright. I reckon flying around that stranded digger in the sea off of lancing would be good too. Make the Mavic circle it as a point of interest.
yes Sounds cool, if you want let me know what day you thinking and we could send 2 Mavic's out

Lots of places! The best place to start out is down Goring gap. There is a road called amberley drive where a lot of people often fly model aircraft and provided it is't windy, you can get some good range on a clear day, I'm wondering if it is possible to reach the wind farm from there but I don't want to risk it. Lot of model air craft guys there saturday and sunday afternoons, some with phantoms, always very friendly if you want any info. Another place is the old Cement works, very interesting place to fly but don't fly too high as planes often head into Shoreham to land near there. Loads of places up by devils dyke (ok, that's east sussex..). Few fields that are often quiet if you head up past the meadows up honeysuckle (I often cycle through that area and try to bring my mavic). Amberley is quite quiet and nice to look at, just avoid the cattle in the fields. I really like Steyning but that's another place where it is hard to fly without being where you shouldn't be too.

I'm constantly finding different places to go. If you don't mind flying where annoying elderly people all past moaning that you're "spying", there are a lot more too, although I try to avoid them as they just suck the fun out of it. Earlier in the mornings, the seafront in worthing is pretty good too. Worthing seafront is really known the locals for bad 3G signal quality though so if you need data for whatever you're doing, don't get your hopes up.
Nice to see our old stamping ground. Used to live in Poole. Came to Australia MANY years ago. I presume you did the 1:235 crop in post. It would be nice to have the grid lines for that ratio, as it does in my Inspire Pro.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
interested to know if you had the downward sensors turned off when you were flying over water ?? Nice Video

So I got a P4P when the Mavic came out as the delivery took too long. I recently switched my P4P for a Mavic... I got the Mavic knowing the P4P is probably a lot better in terms of video quality... When I saw how small the Mavic camera was my heart kind of sunk and I thought I had made a mistake. I made a video regardless while I spent a couple of nights away and I am really surprised with the quality of the Mavic's video.

See the following video I made. The shots from the ground were made using my FZ2000 and I thought the difference in quality would be considerable... It's noticeable but but no means massive imo.

Very happy Mavic pilot!

Also, since I am by no means a professional, please do feel free to give me any tips as to how I can improve my video/ editing skills. Thanks!
Absolutely magic!!!! I envy you. Tell me, how do you put music onto our films? It's like watching a Charlie Chaplin movie at my place!

Love seeing some local sites. Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Was a stunning day on the Sussex coast yesterday. Here's a little video from Goring I put together.
There's a guy on the skypixel section of dji go that has captured some stunning photos of Brighton West pier/i360 and beachy head.
I'm still very much learning. Great fun though.

Very nice! How did you get the video scenes to change in sync with the music?
It's kind of simple but also very fiddly... In Final Cut X, zoom into the clip and look at the waveform for the soundtrack you have chosen and look for the point where the music changes, usually the waves go suddenly smaller or bigger, you want to trim your clips so that they change at that exact point. There's probably a different/ better way to do it but I am mostly self-taught.

Love seeing some local sites. Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Was a stunning day on the Sussex coast yesterday. Here's a little video from Goring I put together.
There's a guy on the skypixel section of dji go that has captured some stunning photos of Brighton West pier/i360 and beachy head.
I'm still very much learning. Great fun though.
I practise flying or just fly for fun down goring gap usually. I've got tonnes of footage, can probably make a nice video like yours soon, a lot of my footage is taken at dusk though

Reactions: Jenkins
interested to know if you had the downward sensors turned off when you were flying over water ?? Nice Video
No, I wasn't very low so didn't need to. I used my FZ2000 for the very low shots. Thanks!

Absolutely magic!!!! I envy you. Tell me, how do you put music onto our films? It's like watching a Charlie Chaplin movie at my place!
Lots of ways... Pretty much any video editing tool will allow you to put music to your video. Just make sure that you don't upload with copyrighted music without permission from the music online.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky