DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Atlas alternative antennas?

lerxst

Reactions
Hi there! I tried searching for this but couldn't quite find an answer. Apologies in advance if I missed something.

I'm a very happy Titan Atlas owner, however it comes with omnidirectional antennas, and I'd like to try something more directional. Does any company make a product that already has the correct spacing and matching QMA connectors so I can just install it in place of the two whip antennas that the Atlas comes with?

And if nobody makes a drop in product, maybe you can recommend an antenna that will work with minimal modification / adapters?

I guess that Titan Cyclone is the one you are looking for.
I appreciate the suggestion, but it is not what I'm looking for. I already have the Atlas, with its built in battery and amplifiers, buying a Cyclone would duplicate most of that. All I'm looking for are different antennas for what I already own, so I can swap at will, depending on where I'm flying and what I'm trying to accomplish.

In case I wasn't clear in my OP, what I'm looking for are directional antennas I can put on the output connectors of the Atlas that I already own. Instead of the quarter wave omni whips it comes with. Basically I just need a pair of 2.4GHz directional antennas (maybe around 10db gain) that hopefully come with QMA connectors but if not, I can use adapters.

I appreciate the suggestion, but it is not what I'm looking for. I already have the Atlas, with its built in battery and amplifiers, buying a Cyclone would duplicate most of that. All I'm looking for are different antennas for what I already own, so I can swap at will, depending on where I'm flying and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Understand, knowing that I would also like to be able to turn my Titan Cyclone into an Atlas one, without having to buy it like a full new antenna...

Understand, knowing that I would also like to be able to turn my Titan Cyclone into an Atlas one, without having to buy it like a full new antenna...
Yeah, that's a tough spot. This is why I went with the Atlas, pretty much just because it has external antenna connectors, it gives me the flexibility to have different antenna setups for different missions.

I have a set of three hot-swappable antennas from drone world I'm not using and might be willing to sell. I'm sure I also have a couple short RP-SMA to QMA leads that will work . I bought the Drone World System and a couple days later, I found the Atlas. Make me an offer if interested. (Remote not included).

Attachments

• maxxmod_remoteupgrade_4.png
    maxxmod_remoteupgrade_4.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 97
I have a set of three hot-swappable antennas from drone world I'm not using and might be willing to sell. I'm sure I also have a couple short RP-SMA to QMA leads that will work . I bought the Drone World System and a couple days later, I found the Atlas. Make me an offer if interested. (Remote not included).

Interesting. Any suggestions on how to physically mount these on the Atlas? If they need adapter cables then they won't be rigidly attached to Atlas' big black box, right?

Interesting. Any suggestions on how to physically mount these on the Atlas? If they need adapter cables then they won't be rigidly attached to Atlas' big black box, right?
Velcro? Magnet? Wouldn't be hard to rig something. Actually, they already have a piece of 3M Dual Lock velcro type stuff attached so you're halfway there.

I have purchased it! I think this might be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
This looks like a great option. If you could post a review and how it works after you try it.

I'm looking at a similar situation

I was thinking of getting a set of these for my Atlas. What would the diff be over the antennas that come with the Atlas?

On the Drone World antennas, I think the long range directional antenna is the flat one, not the coil type as shown so I wonder if you'll gain much over the Atlas whips. I'd be curious to know. I also have both the Maxx HD antenna coils & the (flat) Maxx range antenna but never thought about doing this. I bought the atlas for working in heavier tree cover and was told by Titan the whip system cuts through obstacles better than a directional system like the Cyclone which is for open long range use. It would be interesting to make up a set of coax jumpers adapted for the Atlas. Maybe have somebody drive the drone in a vehicle and see how far they can get before signal is lost.

It's only been 1 business day since I ordered them. They should get here some time this week.
Any update on using this system with your titan Atlas?[
Curious if there is an improvement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS