DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

to FPV or not?

FYI - There is now a new forum for FTP drones which includes the Avata. Check it out

You will need to "sign-up" as a new member, but you can use the same username and password.

Well, you've got to be the only existing drone pilot uninterested in doing this:

Would you try flying most of that with the DJI FPV? I wouldn't.

I'd fly those paths without a second thought with an Avata.
Chaosrider would not be the only existing drone pilot uninterested. Initially I would be interested, however I would quickly become uninterested when I realized that almost every flight would be illegal flying BVLOS.

Chaosrider would not be the only existing drone pilot uninterested. Initially I would be interested, however I would quickly become uninterested when I realized that almost every flight would be illegal flying BVLOS.
This may be a dumb question, but...are you a former (or current) B-52 pilot?

This is the dilemma for any regular pilot of any ‘flight computer controlled consumer drone’.
FPV is SO attractive to me, it's a hard 'leap' to take . . . the biggest hurdle ?
I'm afraid in a way that I'll never fly my DJI drones again.

Almost all flights on the FPV sites you see are little groups of pilots, so they can easily use the spotter rule, but then you VERY often see flights inside, around building etc, as well as the long cinematic FPV flights, where the VLOS rule is also broken regularly.

Last edited:
but then you VERY often see flights inside, around building etc, as well as the long cinematic FPV flights, where the VLOS rule is also broken regularly.
The VLOS rule is about avoiding full scale aircraft. It makes zero sense to apply where none will ever be like indoors, below the tree line in a park, etc... There's loads of fun to be had with something like an Avata in settings that are never even remotely close to potentially interfering with a full scale aircraft.

The VLOS rule is about avoiding full scale aircraft. It makes zero sense to apply where none will ever be like indoors, below the tree line in a park, etc... There's loads of fun to be had with something like an Avata in settings that are never even remotely close to potentially interfering with a full scale aircraft.

I agree !
Say FPV under 100' should be ok, as long as not too far away.
Of course the cinematic FPV drone can fly a long way (and do !) to get their superb footage, but your typical acro type FPV is usually very close, around buildings, construction sites, parks etc, and generally what I see is obviously outside business hours and places when no people are around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929