DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To update or Not to update - firmware

Are there any existing problems with the current firmware? I'm only aware of speed coming across as km/hr when it should be mph. And, the bottom USB port not working if you have a cable plugged into the side port. Are there still flight control issues with this firmware?

I'm not sure those are problems.... DJI is a Chinese factory and they are selling a global product, so... most of the world uses KPH for speed. As for the bottom USB port not working when the side port is in use... I thought I saw an earlier post that said that is a designed restriction. You need only one port at a time so the other one is disabled?? Of course, I could be wrong.

I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to updates. Especially since this is new. I don't want to risk flying firmware that is known to be flawed.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've never seen DJI do this. They don't mention anything like this in their warranty either.

I have never heard of that either. But the opposite happened to me: I updated the firmware on a P3P and it then crashed because of a new bug in the battery current limiting algorithm. Others had the same problem and a fix was out quickly. After sending the log files in they replaced the drone free of charge including postage both ways. But because of this I am usually NOT going to update right away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio