DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decovision84

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a couple of videos on YouTube if you would like to check them out. I love the mavic air, all I want to do is fly it all day long. I lost one in Tollymore forest to wind and I have just had to buy a new one as I have realised that I cannot live without it.
Please let me know your thoughts on this video I have attached and any advice is welcome as I am only new to this world.

Bye for now.
Dec

Very well done! Nice and smooth and a great edit!

Reactions: Decovision84
You may be new, but you sure do nice work. I love how the scenes change on the drums.
I watch too many movies to not try make my videos smooth I guess. Thanks for your comment Dan. I wish I could be back in Summer now [emoji20]

Excellent editing and also excellent footage. Love the way you have sync'd audio and video ... I think you are being modest about your beginner status! - yes?

Very nice, awesome scenery. Makes me want to visit Ireland. My 2 cents, the scenery is so beautiful I was wishing the shots would be held longer. I found the pacing to be a bit fast, probably because I was enjoying the view immensely. Really nice job.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a couple of videos on YouTube if you would like to check them out. I love the mavic air, all I want to do is fly it all day long. I lost one in Tollymore forest to wind and I have just had to buy a new one as I have realised that I cannot live without it.
Please let me know your thoughts on this video I have attached and any advice is welcome as I am only new to this world.

Bye for now.
Dec

Nice video, also liked the trick of using the camera for an image in a nfz, very clever and nobody can complain[emoji106][emoji106]

A lot of great scenes well captured and smart editing. I liked how you did a wider and tighter circle/POI of the White lighthouse.i can see your goal for the edit was a collection of many scenes in Ireland. You could probably edit many longer ones of the same subjects given the amount of footage you captured. Cinematic moves are the goal. Short of that, smart editing. There are some good YT videos on many different cinematic moves. I see a lot of edits that have jerky yaw and gimbal moves in the edit. Always looks bad. You cut your clips well. I have to resist the temptation to yaw. It’s very, very difficult to do smoothly. I need to practice my waypoints and other intelligent modes to get the footage I’m happy with.

I swear some of those scenes look like sights I visited in Scotland this summer. I didn’t bring my drone on that cruise cause I was flying a P3 4K at the time and it was too much to bring along with my extensive DSLR kit. Traveling with other friends to multiple sights doesn’t allow for both photography and aerials, but I just got a Mavic 2 for that reason. It’s 1/10th the size of my LowePro backpack for the P3. So liberating.

We can learn a lot about editing and audio syncing by watching this. Great job. Loved it.
Wow, thank you. Its one thing I hate about Instagram - I try to sync my footage to audio as much as possible but when I upload clips to Instagram the audio does be off by half second and it ruins the videos I think.[emoji106]

Excellent editing and also excellent footage. Love the way you have sync'd audio and video ... I think you are being modest about your beginner status! - yes?
Thank you, I have been making videos for years but only in the last 4 months have I been proud of some of my videos, the drone really helps with that. I can't even watch my older videos [emoji36] they make me so angry. I only had the first drone for 4 months before I lost it and today was the first time I used the new one, so happy to be back. I'm no professional that's for sure, but I do devot a lot of my free time to make sure they are at least watchable.

Reactions: dcubrakovic
Very nice, awesome scenery. Makes me want to visit Ireland. My 2 cents, the scenery is so beautiful I was wishing the shots would be held longer. I found the pacing to be a bit fast, probably because I was enjoying the view immensely. Really nice job.
Cheers for your nice comment, some are longer but cut for this video. To me the audio is number 1 for my editing, the clips revolve around that and it comes together. Ireland is always open and very welcoming to visitors[emoji106]

He said he was new to this forum...I don't think he's new to video and photography!
You got there before me, that's true. I only got into high tech gear less than one year ago, before that I was struggling. [emoji3]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS