DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trackimo 3g accuracy is very good

lannes

Reactions
On the MPP tested the 3g Trackimo sending location data at 1 minute intervals and the tracking is spot on, it uses google maps so very accurate positioning

No impact on AC operation, no intereference at all, works well with the placement on the AC, lasts up to 2 weeks on a single charge

Great for finding the AC if there is a fly away even maybe a theft, but you need 3g or 4g connection.

A bit expensive but I think it's worth it if you should happen to be out of VLOS as a bit of insurance.

Trackimo on MPP - Copy.jpg

You can see the tracking on the photo below in a small area

Trackimo accuracy - Copy.JPG

On the MPP tested the 3g Trackimo sending location data at 1 minute intervals and the tracking is spot on, it uses google maps so very accurate positioning

No impact on AC operation, no intereference at all, works well with the placement on the AC, lasts up to 2 weeks on a single charge

Great for finding the AC if there is a fly away even maybe a theft, but you need 3g or 4g connection.

A bit expensive but I think it's worth it if you should happen to be out of VLOS as a bit of insurance.

View attachment 31663

You can see the tracking on the photo below in a small area

View attachment 31664
Where are you able to purchase that bracket?

Reactions: Oconnb910
its useless if theres no cell phone service,biggest drawback

where do you fly your drones ?
away from the city in farm areas and yes cell service gets very splotchy
im not saying its useless all together,in fact i have 2 marco polo's and a trackimo.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
I have to get one of these for all my Birds, my concern is the same as others that are in rural areas! Cell service is real bad were I live especially where I want to fly! My cellphone stays on WiFi while I’m home because even outside the service is really weak! I wish they made a finder that sends out a stronger beacon independent of the cell service when it can’t reliably connect to the towers, I have a lot of dense forests around me and I could loose one of my Drones easy out there! I have put off a flight I want to do real bad because of the terrain I’m getting old and can’t trek into the woods like I used to :( If I knew it’s exact location maybe but wandering around could become a serious problem for me.

I have to get one of these for all my Birds, my concern is the same as others that are in rural areas! Cell service is real bad were I live especially where I want to fly! My cellphone stays on WiFi while I’m home because even outside the service is really weak! I wish they made a finder that sends out a stronger beacon independent of the cell service when it can’t reliably connect to the towers, I have a lot of dense forests around me and I could loose one of my Drones easy out there! I have put off a flight I want to do real bad because of the terrain I’m getting old and can’t trek into the woods like I used to :( If I knew it’s exact location maybe but wandering around could become a serious problem for me.

Probably should consider the Marco Polo then

RC Model Tracking and Recovery - Tracking and Recovery Made Easy | Marco Polo the Tracking and Recovery System

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78