DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Thailand through Hong Kong

mcgyversm3

Reactions
Hey guys wanted to know if anyone has traveled to China or Thailand or both with their drone. Just bought a mavic air love it and plan to visit Phuket, Thailand in a few months.

Did a little research on what is needed but has anyone had this experience and can let me know what steps i should take when visiting these countries.
If it helps my route is

LA >Hong Kong>Bangkok>Phuket

Thanks

I’m tagging along as we intend on visiting Thailand ourselves later this year but since the area you’re going to is in monsoon season when we go we’ll be staying north and east. I don’t anticipate any issues with my drone while there. I’ve found when traveling to other countries in the past, contacting YouTube video authors who have drone footage where you’re going can be helpful.

we intend on visiting Thailand ourselves later this year ... I don’t anticipate any issues with my drone while there.

"Updated on 4/01/2018 with information that the deadline for registering a radio controlled device with NBTC is 9 January 2018. After that, you face up to five years in prison for non compliance. If you intend to fly a drone in Thailand, whether as a hobby or for commercial reasons, you have to by law register."

How to register your drone in Thailand

"Updated on 4/01/2018 with information that the deadline for registering a radio controlled device with NBTC is 9 January 2018. After that, you face up to five years in prison for non compliance. If you intend to fly a drone in Thailand, whether as a hobby or for commercial reasons, you have to by law register."

How to register your drone in Thailand

So basically i won’t be able to fly if I’m going in may?

I have a similar. Travelling to Thailand, china Mongolia and Russia. All got too hard so will leave MP at home. Enquired with a firm who handles registration in Thailand. There were 5 forms to complete some in Thai.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob G Sunrise Chaser