DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling with Mavic Pro

The_IanN

Reactions
Hey Pilots,

So I'm traveling to Europe in the coming days, and absolutely plan on taking my Mavic with me. I am flying United, Croatian Airlines, and Lot Polish Airlines. I checked all their websites and found that traveling with a drone and the batteries should be fine. Of course the batteries have to be stored properly, the connector covered and stored in individual plastic bags. My real questions for you guys, has anyone flown internationally, specifically to Europe with their drone? Have you encountered any problem/issues? Anyone have any solutions or advice in this matter?

I should add I will be traveling with 3 mavic batteries.

Thanks,

Ian

P.S. I know I run the risk of being beaten and dragged off my flight, so please spare those comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Lipo Bags: buy one or some for your batteries. Then actually put your batteries in the bag. I travel with my Mavic inside my camera backpack and have never been stopped or questioned about it.

I am UK based...Last time i checked, about a year ago, different airlines had slightly different rules on batteries. I recall there was a maximum storage capacity for each battery, in watts i think, and it had to be in the hand luggage.
Personally, i will be mailing them now for their current policy. Then i can provide a copy of their email to anyone who queries me.

Lufthansa and LOT no probems, I traveled from HKG to Warsaw with 4 battery packs in mavic bag. I was stopped in Frankurt for routine check. No problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan