DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travelling to Tenerife with M3 Classic

leebroath

Reactions
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has taken their Mavic 3 Classic to Tenerife?

I'm trying to find out if I'll be ok, but google is giving me contradicting results,

Some sites say you must pass a course (similar to the A1CofC), register and some state you dont

We are going to Tenerife in June and would love to take my Classic :)

does your drone have the C rated sticker on it ,also check with the authorities in the area you intend to fly ,that control airspace use there ,like the CAA does in the UK

Yeah I had no issues bringing mine in December
Thanks bud, where were you staying? we are going to Playa De Las Americas

We are travelling with Jet2 airlines, was this the same Airline you travelled with and did you carry the batteries in your hand luggage, and drone in hold baggage? I have purchased the DJI Large battery bag for the 3 batteries
Did you have to register your Drone with any authorities?
Which App did you use to ensure you were flying in non restricted areas?
Presume with it being a C-Class it helps us fly in better restrictions on EASA

Lastly, any nice areas I should visit for good Drone shots/videos?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to find out if I'll be ok, but google is giving me contradicting results,

Some sites say you must pass a course (similar to the A1CofC), register and some state you dont

Tenerife (Spain) is a member of the European Union, and the Mavic 3 weighs more than 250 grams.
Therefore you have to meet 2 conditions:
1. You have to register as a drone operator and attach the registration number to the drone.
2. You must be in possession of the A1/A3 remote pilot competency certificate.

Attachments

• DronesFAQ.png
    DronesFAQ.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: leebroath
Tenerife (Spain) is a member of the European Union, and the Mavic 3 weighs more than 250 grams.
Therefore you have to meet 2 conditions:
1. You have to register as a drone operator and attach the registration number to the drone.
2. You must be in possession of the A1/A3 remote pilot competency certificate.

I don't have the A1/A3 Certificate, I only have my A2 CofC

So that's my flying knocked on the head :(

Hi folks,

I have been flying there without any questions, Teide and sea region. Do not ask too much, take your insurance copy with you.

Thanks bud, where were you staying? we are going to Playa De Las Americas

We are travelling with Jet2 airlines, was this the same Airline you travelled with and did you carry the batteries in your hand luggage, and drone in hold baggage? I have purchased the DJI Large battery bag for the 3 batteries
Did you have to register your Drone with any authorities?
Which App did you use to ensure you were flying in non restricted areas?
Presume with it being a C-Class it helps us fly in better restrictions on EASA

Lastly, any nice areas I should visit for good Drone shots/videos?

We stayed just east of the south airport so not far from you. Everything was in my hand luggage and I'm based in Europe so have my A1/A2/A3, drone labelled, etc.

We stayed just east of the south airport so not far from you. Everything was in my hand luggage and I'm based in Europe so have my A1/A2/A3, drone labelled, etc.
Im hoping to go on holiday now each year

Can you tell me of the A1/A3 was pretty much the same as the A2?

And if doing the online course at home, is there a requirement to use your webcam to first look around and no cheating?

Im hoping to go on holiday now each year

Can you tell me of the A1/A3 was pretty much the same as the A2?

And if doing the online course at home, is there a requirement to use your webcam to first look around and no cheating?

The a1/a3 was a lot simpler IMO. I completed it at home (as well as the a2) and there's no requirement for a webcam, you can even have reference materials at hand. The certification is more orientated to make sure people have read the restrictions as opposed to being able to pass the test.

There's more info here and if you complete it via the IAA, it's a European wide certificate.

The a1/a3 was a lot simpler IMO. I completed it at home (as well as the a2) and there's no requirement for a webcam, you can even have reference materials at hand. The certification is more orientated to make sure people have read the restrictions as opposed to being able to pass the test.

There's more info here and if you complete it via the IAA, it's a European wide certificate.
Which course did you complete, and cost?

Did you complete it also using the IAA, I can't seem to find the course on there

Last edited:
Which course did you complete, and cost?

Did you complete it also using the IAA, I can't seem to find the course on there
It was a while ago but I think it was €30 for the a1/a3 (my cert is called Remote Pilot Certificate of Competency so I assume that was the course name).
The IAA use a system called MySRS (my safety regulation system) and it's via that where your certificate is issued: MySRS
Pretty sure you do the course/test there for the a1/a3.

Can anyone please point me in the correct direction to Register the Mavic 3 Classic in Spain?

I'm on the below web page but haven't the foggiest what to choose, and if it's the right page

1681542693266-png.162635

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne