DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek vs. Bix both on Amazon. Identical specs, identical photos but large price difference.

I wouldn't. Not a fan of Apple and their overpriced products. Glad you like it though.
Not an argument, but factually there is usually a pretty good reason for the price difference on Apple products. Check out resale value of iPhones and iPads on gazelle or something like that to basically ANY Android device. And see how many Android products the major carriers will give you for free, and then compare how often that happens with an Apple product. Sometimes it is true that you get what you pay for. Sometimes.

That sounds to me like the first Chinese knock off (say, stolen product info/tech) of that Tripletek. I'd run from it. Who knows what kind of tracking SW will be embedded in that or how reliable it would be?
Or just maybe it's an OEM tablet sold to 2 different companies with their own private labels on it? Tripltek nowhere on their site (that I can find) shows country of origin for their products and if you look them up in corporate databases they are a 1 person company where their "main headquarters" is a private home in Miami. So the same could be said for both companies. Tripletek maybe just found a niche market with us droners first but that doesn't necessarily make them "better." I have no idea and you have no idea, it's all conjecture. There happens to be many tablets virtually identical with minor feature differences. Some have cellular some don't, some are Android 8 some 9, some with 1200 nit screens some with "normal" screens and other technical differences. A whole lot of "private labeling" goes on in the Chinese electronics industry. In any case, I haven't bought either one (yet) but I am definately NOT concerned about them "tracking" me because Bill Gates already is from when I got my Covid vaccine. My tin-foil hat will always protect me from all those guys! :D :D :D

Not an argument, but factually there is usually a pretty good reason for the price difference on Apple products. Check out resale value of iPhones and iPads on gazelle or something like that to basically ANY Android device. And see how many Android products the major carriers will give you for free, and then compare how often that happens with an Apple product. Sometimes it is true that you get what you pay for. Sometimes.
Comparing Apple resale values a single BRAND with millions upon millions of eternally compatible devices to Android which is an operating system with many thousands of variations and companies labeling it and selling it with myriads of price ranges from $50 to $2000 really isn't a valid comparison. Apple goes for a single market where "Android" has a totally different marketing direction. It is true though, I sell my iPhone every year to upgrade to newest model and I always get back 75-80% of the purchase price when I sell at just the right time.

Or just maybe it's an OEM tablet sold to 2 different companies with their own private labels on it? Tripltek nowhere on their site (that I can find) shows country of origin for their products and if you look them up in corporate databases they are a 1 person company where their "main headquarters" is a private home in Miami. So the same could be said for both companies. Tripletek maybe just found a niche market with us droners first but that doesn't necessarily make them "better." I have no idea and you have no idea, it's all conjecture. There happens to be many tablets virtually identical with minor feature differences. Some have cellular some don't, some are Android 8 some 9, some with 1200 nit screens some with "normal" screens and other technical differences. A whole lot of "private labeling" goes on in the Chinese electronics industry. In any case, I haven't bought either one (yet) but I am definately NOT concerned about them "tracking" me because Bill Gates already is from when I got my Covid vaccine. My tin-foil hat will always protect me from all those guys! :D :D :D
All I'll say to that is that I'm in an field where I know what goes on with Chinese electronics and the nefarious things they do, and if I know that they are the originator of something (their company, their parts), I won't go near it. My son wanted controllable LED light strips for Christmas. There are DOZENS of brands/models of them on Amazon - all Chinese - many with apps. No way would I ever get those. I finally decided to go with the Phillips Hue brand.

All I'll say to that is that I'm in an field where I know what goes on with Chinese electronics and the nefarious things they do, and if I know that they are the originator of something (their company, their parts), I won't go near it. My son wanted controllable LED light strips for Christmas. There are DOZENS of brands/models of them on Amazon - all Chinese - many with apps. No way would I ever get those. I finally decided to go with the Phillips Hue brand.
You better get rid of 95% of what is in your home and car (and drones) because they're after you! You realize DJI products (Chinese) that you use are on the US blacklist over their ties to the Chinese government. Why are you trusting them? ;)

You better get rid of 95% of what is in your home and car (and drones) because they're after you! You realize DJI products (Chinese) that you use are on the US blacklist over their ties to the Chinese government. Why are you trusting them? ;)
That's actually not true in my case. I know the source of the few electronics that have networking capabilities in my house. I also run a server in between anything in my house and the outside internet, as well as a router with built-in traffic checking. And my Dodge truck is too old to have anything of concern ;), and the newer Toyota doesn't have any networking capability. I'm not referring to just any electronic part made in China, but to those that can contain networking or app functionality. Honestly, my Mavic is the one thing that is frustratingly made in China that really bugs me. I'm not sure why some American company can't jump into this market and build a comparable drone and actually use that concern about China's corporate espionage and data hacking as a selling point. Apple has made security of your data and your devices a key selling point and differentiator between it and its competitors, seems like other American companies would do the same. I would pay more for that security. And yes, I understand DJI's relationship to their communist government, because the reality is that EVERY Chinese company ultimately answers to the Chinese government - they have no freedom.

I find it extremely frustrating that we are so economically tied to a country that denies basic human rights to millions, tortures political dissidents, and literally steals our technological superiority right out from under our noses. If we had been so economically in bed with the USSR during the Cold War it most likely would not have ended and things would be very different today. This goes for us and every other so-called free western country that does trillions in business with China. I also find it extremely frustrating that our society cares more about cheap stuff at retailers, and electronics that they "just must have," than larger issues like even having anything to do with such a repressive government as China's. Cheers. Just Another Reason - NO China!

Hello RetiredlnFL,

TRIPLTEK has been engineered, designed, programmed, and undergoes quality control in the United States. Our Engineering team designed and tested TRIPLTEK for the perfect drone flying experience with most major drone manufacturers. We strive to maintain industry-leading standards of compatibility and functionality.

Each of our TRIPLTEK units have been tested to ensure the highest performance under all conditions, and the integrity of its components, which allows us to ensure your TRIPLTEK tablet display brightness surpasses the 1200 nits mark. TRIPLTEK hardware components have been developed tailored to the United States market. In addition to complying with all US regulations, to provide the best customer support and the fastest response, our Customer Service, Warranty, and Technician teams are located in Florida, United States.

On our website you will find answers to any questions that you may come across while operating your TRIPLTEK. Feel free to get in touch via phone, or direct message with a member of our Team, with any questions regarding the operation on your Tablet or warranty. In a matter of hours, one of our members will get back to you (Eastern Time Zone) .
We greatly value our customers’ feedback and strive to keep improving our products by updating, and adding new features with continuous firmware updates, ensuring your TRIPLTEK device compatibility with newer drones and APP versions.

We are also honored to have TRIPLTEK serving our Police Forces in the field in various American cities. TRIPLTEK is a US Company that pays its taxes in the United States, and most of our employees are American Citizens. Accordingly, most of our employees aside from order fulfillment and Tech Support departments, are currently following Government recommendations and working from their homes.

From the TRIPLTEK Team, we thank you for trusting our team and choosing TRIPLTEK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alky1229
Was about to seriously consider the Tripltek until I saw what looks like the identical tablet right below it on Amazon by another manufacturer for $100 less. All specs seem identical down to the cellular frequencies, they even use the same photos. Anyone tried the Bix ? Looks like same device with another name. This often happens in electronics. I'd have to guess the electronics all come from China and maybe they stick on the labels and boxes here.

Tripltek Pro ($670): https://www.amazon.com/TRIPLTEK-Bri...ild=1&keywords=tripltek&qid=1619313199&sr=8-3

Bix ($570): Amazon.com : Rugged Android Tablet | 8inch High Brightness Sunlight Readable Tablet for Drone | 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8-Core CPU Android 10.0 |Waterproof Tablet for Enterprise Mobile Field Work : Electronics
Wish I had known this before hand when purchasing the Tripltek 8 Pro. I'm a huge fan of Android. I load custom ditros of roms, rooting, bootloader etc and from experience this unit is kinda sluggish. Sad part is, it's stripped naked already. The radio can't authenticate via corporate portals, nor some ISP requiring user auth before giving access. The unit can't handle the bandwidth from DJI simple Air2S drones resulting in lag, jittering, pixelation, and so on. Plus it freezes up on basic websites. The GUI is a barebone, preventing user access to hardware settings and customization. The wifi card having low grade signal so don't step to far away from your AP. The only good thing I can say is the boot screen is awesome, misleading for sure. It has alot bugs. I'll be ripping this kernel out and compiling my own against this IDK what.

That sounds to me like the first Chinese knock off (say, stolen product info/tech) of that Tripletek. I'd run from it. Who knows what kind of tracking SW will be embedded in that or how reliable it would be?
"Who knows what kind of tracking SW will be embedded..."

OH Please!

Tripltek Tablets are made in the UNITED STATES.

Tripltek Tablets are made in the UNITED STATES.

Hey Cap'n! You're replying to my almost 2 1/2 yr old topic. I forgot I was still subscribed to it. Are you Mister Tripltek by any chance? :D :D

That being said I'll bet you a McDonalds Big Mac Meal that one line comment and 2 1/2 yr old topic bump is not 100% true. "MADE IN" can be used very liberally. They most definitely are an American Company but Maybe "Designed In", or "Spec'd In" You think the boards are built here? Casings made here? Highly doubt it. You think they look IDENTICAL to the 8 or 9 other **SIMILAR** models on the Chinese websites, of which there are MANY varieties of differing internal specs in virtually identical cases just by coincidence? . Maybe they spec's out their design here in the USA and sent it offshore for manufacturing, that's fine, but to say "MADE IN THE USA" is a pretty strong statement. Did you ever look up the "Company" (at least back when this topic was originally started in 2021) online and see their "offices" were a condo or home in Miami? Sounds like you may be one of their reps. :D :D

Disclaimer: Some of those things may have changed since I last looked at them 2 1/2 years ago but back then, IMO, it was pretty accurate. They are great tablets with great specs (Yes, I did own one for a while) but I highly doubt they are actually "Made in the Unites States" which in this day and age really matters very little.

That was my only consideration for not buying the Bix was that it was not Prime. I may check out the others because for $200-$300 it just might be worth a gamble. If it is "almost as good" for $400 less it might be worth a shot. I always use the twisted reasoning that "since I have never smoked I saved 10's of thousands of dollars over my 73yr lifetime" so wasting $300 here or there I'm still ahead of the game! :D
There are still two tablets few folks think about because they aren't well known yet. Lots have sold but it's a big world. Eagle View Aerials has two tablets the V71 Pro 2200-2600 Nits. Excellent specs and a little cheaper than TT. I'm not putting down TT it's all a matter of preference. $600 on Amazon. The other is the Eagle View Aerials X71 which is 1000 Nits and sells for $399 on the website. www.eagleviewaerials.com

My tablets aren't made in the USA but I was, and I spent 21 years wearing a uniform. Paul Reed, MSgt, US Air Force Retired

“Masterangler is an approved Vender” Lots of people to talk to who own Eagle View Aerial

Last edited:
There are still two tablets few folks think about because they aren't well known yet. Lots have sold but it's a big world. Eagle View Aerials has two tablets the V71 Pro 2200-2600 Nits. Excellent specs and a little cheaper than TT. I'm not putting down TT it's all a matter of preference. $600 on Amazon. The other is the Eagle View Aerials X71 which is 1000 Nits and sells for $399 on the website. www.eagleviewaerials.com

My tablets aren't made in the USA but I was, and I spent 21 years wearing a uniform. Paul Reed, MSgt, US Air Force Retired

“Masterangler is an approved Vender” Lots of people to talk to who own Eagle View Aerial
The Country appreciates your service. Thank you, Sir...

Reactions: masterangler
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54