DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek vs. Bix both on Amazon. Identical specs, identical photos but large price difference.

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Was about to seriously consider the Tripltek until I saw what looks like the identical tablet right below it on Amazon by another manufacturer for $100 less. All specs seem identical down to the cellular frequencies, they even use the same photos. Anyone tried the Bix ? Looks like same device with another name. This often happens in electronics. I'd have to guess the electronics all come from China and maybe they stick on the labels and boxes here.

Tripltek Pro ($670): https://www.amazon.com/TRIPLTEK-Bri...ild=1&keywords=tripltek&qid=1619313199&sr=8-3

Bix ($570): https://www.amazon.com/Brightness-S...ild=1&keywords=tripltek&qid=1619312650&sr=8-4

I do not know about the BIx but if you consider the resale value and the customer service, not to mention the warranty versus $100 chinese no tested device my money is on the Tripletek

Last edited:
Reactions: tlswift58
I do not know about the BIx but if you consider the resale value and the customer service versus $100 chinese no tested copy device my money is on the Tripletek
It's not a $100 tablet, it's $100 LESS COST than the Tripltek. I'd bet you a dozen donuts they are the same and just private labeled with 2 different vendor names. You can also be sure they are both manufacturereed offshore somewhere (I'd bet China or Korea) and aren't made here at the component or assembly level. Have you ever seen an Android tablet actually made in America? Or an Apple product except for 1 or 2 of their high end PC's, Maybe they are BOXED in America. They are an American company (looked up their LLC reg) but doesn't mean the product wasn't imported and private labeled from China or elsewhere offshore. I saw someone asked that of Tripltek once here (I think it was here) and their answer was very unclear. Their registered corp address is a private home in the Miami area and incorporated 8 months ago. Tripltek, Llc

Resale value isn't the issue on a $700 tablet. In 2 years it almost becomes a throw-away. As for customer service you don't know until you try. The UPS Stores around here are using an identical LOOKING Tablet but didn't get a look at the brand. Might be a private label from wherever Tripltek (and maybe Bix) come from.

The primary question remains, has anyone TRIED ONE and are they the same since the specs are identical according to Amazon if you compare them..

I ordered the Tripltek anyway. Should have it Tuesday. ?

It does look the same.... unfortunately its not Amazon Prime or it would be an easy buy to try. Its free shipping but returns could have some issues.

The design of these tablets has been around for a number of years with the advertised 1200nit screen and battery but with much lower specs. It seems that the manufacturer just recently brought them up to year 2020 standards. I have been looking at the Bix styled one on Chinese websites for months with pricing ranging from $200 to $400 but ultimately chickened out and bought Tripltek from Amazon.

It does look the same.... unfortunately its not Amazon Prime or it would be an easy buy to try. Its free shipping but returns could have some issues.

The design of these tablets has been around for a number of years with the advertised 1200nit screen and battery but with much lower specs. It seems that the manufacturer just recently brought them up to year 2020 standards. I have been looking at the Bix styled one on Chinese websites for months with pricing ranging from $200 to $400 but ultimately chickened out and bought Tripltek from Amazon.
That was my only consideration for not buying the Bix was that it was not Prime. I may check out the others because for $200-$300 it just might be worth a gamble. If it is "almost as good" for $400 less it might be worth a shot. I always use the twisted reasoning that "since I have never smoked I saved 10's of thousands of dollars over my 73yr lifetime" so wasting $300 here or there I'm still ahead of the game! :D

That was my only consideration for not buying the Bix was that it was not Prime. I may check out the others because for $200-$300 it just might be worth a gamble. If it is "almost as good" for $400 less it might be worth a shot. I always use the twisted reasoning that "since I have never smoked I saved 10's of thousands of dollars over my 73yr lifetime" so wasting $300 here or there I'm still ahead of the game! :D
If it helps. I bought my Tripltek from the USA and had it sent to me here in Spain. I dealt with a young lady called Aurora who was very helpful and declared on the customs form that it was a demo model so I didn't have to pay import duty. A sign for me that these people give good customer service which is always worth that little extra.

If it helps. I bought my Tripltek from the USA and had it sent to me here in Spain. I dealt with a young lady called Aurora who was very helpful and declared on the customs form that it was a demo model so I didn't have to pay import duty. A sign for me that these people give good customer service which is always worth that little extra.
Hi-I have a Crystal Sky 7.8" unit.As a backup wouldy ou say the Tripltek is as good and has same functionality?

Hi-I have a Crystal Sky 7.8" unit.As a backup wouldy ou say the Tripltek is as good and has same functionality?
I also have a CrystalSky 7.8" Ultra for use with my M2Z. However it won't work with the Mini 2 etc as it is 32 not 64 bit. So the advantage of the Tripltek is that it works with anything. It's not as bright as the Ultra which is 2,000 NITS but overall it is a good tablet and I am sure it will be as bright or brighter the the standard CrystalSky 7.8" at 1,000 NITS. As a tablet for flying drones it is good and I have had no glitches so far. The downside is that it is heavy and chunky so it does not fit into the usual tablet mounts. Also due to the added weight along with my Alientech booster I have to wear a neck strap which I don't like very much!

Can I ask what kind of tablet holder are you using and what drone do you have .I’m thing of getting the tablet I fly a MA2 . I’m currently using a iPad 7th gen

Can I ask what kind of tablet holder are you using and what drone do you have .I’m thing of getting the tablet I fly a MA2 . I’m currently using a iPad 7th gen

I purchased this one after I purchased my Tripltek tablet.

I had to purchase an adapter for the Tripltek, but the rig is rock solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusen8
Thank sounds good

Reactions: MA2 317
I also have a CrystalSky 7.8" Ultra for use with my M2Z. However it won't work with the Mini 2 etc as it is 32 not 64 bit. So the advantage of the Tripltek is that it works with anything. It's not as bright as the Ultra which is 2,000 NITS but overall it is a good tablet and I am sure it will be as bright or brighter the the standard CrystalSky 7.8" at 1,000 NITS. As a tablet for flying drones it is good and I have had no glitches so far. The downside is that it is heavy and chunky so it does not fit into the usual tablet mounts. Also due to the added weight along with my Alientech booster I have to wear a neck strap which I don't like very much!
Thanks for that.I have just the high brightness model,If Apple made an Ipad mini with 1000 nits every droner would buy one!

Reactions: OldGuy and MA2 317
I wouldn't. Not a fan of Apple and their overpriced products. Glad you like it though.
I don't have experience with other tablets than Apple and the Crystal Sky.Would like a slim(like Ipad mini)bright/1000 nits to fit into M2P controller arms without the use of a bracket.I like Apple computers ok but agree about the pricing.Their customer service(phone+store)is excellent.

Was about to seriously consider the Tripltek until I saw what looks like the identical tablet right below it on Amazon by another manufacturer for $100 less. All specs seem identical down to the cellular frequencies, they even use the same photos. Anyone tried the Bix ? Looks like same device with another name. This often happens in electronics. I'd have to guess the electronics all come from China and maybe they stick on the labels and boxes here.

Tripltek Pro ($670): https://www.amazon.com/TRIPLTEK-Bri...ild=1&keywords=tripltek&qid=1619313199&sr=8-3

Bix ($570): https://www.amazon.com/Brightness-S...ild=1&keywords=tripltek&qid=1619312650&sr=8-4
That sounds to me like the first Chinese knock off (say, stolen product info/tech) of that Tripletek. I'd run from it. Who knows what kind of tracking SW will be embedded in that or how reliable it would be?

It's not a $100 tablet, it's $100 LESS COST than the Tripltek. I'd bet you a dozen donuts they are the same and just private labeled with 2 different vendor names. You can also be sure they are both manufacturereed offshore somewhere (I'd bet China or Korea) and aren't made here at the component or assembly level. Have you ever seen an Android tablet actually made in America? Or an Apple product except for 1 or 2 of their high end PC's, Maybe they are BOXED in America. They are an American company (looked up their LLC reg) but doesn't mean the product wasn't imported and private labeled from China or elsewhere offshore. I saw someone asked that of Tripltek once here (I think it was here) and their answer was very unclear. Their registered corp address is a private home in the Miami area and incorporated 8 months ago. Tripltek, Llc

Resale value isn't the issue on a $700 tablet. In 2 years it almost becomes a throw-away. As for customer service you don't know until you try. The UPS Stores around here are using an identical LOOKING Tablet but didn't get a look at the brand. Might be a private label from wherever Tripltek (and maybe Bix) come from.

The primary question remains, has anyone TRIED ONE and are they the same since the specs are identical according to Amazon if you compare them..
Making it in China (to American specs) is MUCH different (compare Apple devices to other Chinese-company devices) than a Chinese company making a copy themselves with their own cheap knock off parts.

Reactions: TRIPLTEK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi