DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.txt log no longer recording the controller 'serial' number, any suggestions?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I sometime swap controllers and I have just noticed that they or something else seems to be no longer be recording the controllers' 'serial' numbers, columns IC / 237 & JE / 265, in the csv's of the logs.
I have tried rebinding the controllers using both the app and the 4 button thing on the controller and whilst they rebind successfully and take command of the drone they do not record the controllers' serial numbers.

I was actually trying to verify which serial number in the logs corresponds to which controller, the serial numbers in the logs do not match the serial numbers on the backs of the controllers so it is, or should have been, a case of use a specific controller and then check the log and note the correspondance between the two numbers but ....alas... that has gone to pot.

Any sugggestions?

My next step is a wipe the app from the phone and reinstall unless anyone know different

Can you share one of those flight logs here?

Edit log added.
It's only ashort indoor hover but this is the controller that I normally use with the drone and going by old logs the controller serial number has been recorded on many previous flights. I do have CsvView 4.something as well and the controller serial number does not appear when using that either.

Attachments

• m2z1_2021-07-12_[01-33-58]_dat0314_s6n2_OVNUF9A00601LM.txt
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
What I am finding at the moment is that it seems to not record the serial numbers when the firmware versions of the controller and the drone differ. I have not looked carefully into what happens when there is a secondary linked to the drone, even if the secondary controller is not switched on, but there does seem to be something odd there. However, I could be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have CsvView 4.something as well and the controller serial number does not appear when using that either.
Yes, the serial number is definitely empty. It might be worth contacting DJI for help since it seems like a bug on their end.

Cheers, I think I will.
I have experimented with a few controllers now and it does seem to be related to mixed firmware versions. Though with permission I updated one controller and drone and still can not get serial numbers recorded when they previously were.
I am also beginning to wonder if these controller 'serial numbers' change when an update is done. lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe