DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. Customs blocking DJI drone imports

Ok, just reporting....I ordered a DJI Air 3S (and extras) on October 19. Received drone today, Saturday October 26th. Looks like it went through Customs very quickly.

Now, something occurred to me today regarding DHL & U.S. Customs. I have had a number of items shipped to me from outside the U.S. over the last few years.

I remember having to provide a Social Security and Tax ID number using a DHL form for one of those shipments.

Being that my DJI shipment wasn't delayed in customs suggests that my data is still in DHL's system. It makes me think that those of you who had to submit your SS and Tax ID for recent drone purchases may be good to go with U.S. Customs henceforth.

Ok, just reporting....I ordered a DJI Air 3S (and extras) on October 19. Received drone today, Saturday October 26th. Looks like it went through Customs very quickly.

Now, something occurred to me today regarding DHL & U.S. Customs. I have had a number of items shipped to me from outside the U.S. over the last few years.

I remember having to provide a Social Security and Tax ID number using a DHL form for one of those shipments.

Being that my DJI shipment wasn't delayed in customs suggests that my data is still in DHL's system. It makes me think that those of you who had to submit your SS and Tax ID for recent drone purchases may be good to go with U.S. Customs henceforth.
Tax ID?

A business needs an EIN, Employee Identification Number, from the IRS to import goods into the United States as a company. Does not apply to an individual. At one point I imported a (non-drone) item as a business.
Thank you for that, I'm very close to making a purchase for the Air 3S and unsure what all I'm in for. I wanted to add the neo combo and refresh for both and I'm crazy about jumping thru hoops to buy a darn Drone and I'm unsure if ordering the Air 3 S without the neo would help with that or not. From what I gather the bigger the order the more they want to scrutinize and delay. Am I wrong or it's not going to make a bit of difference one way or the other?

Thank you for that, I'm very close to making a purchase for the Air 3S and unsure what all I'm in for. I wanted to add the neo combo and refresh for both and I'm crazy about jumping thru hoops to buy a darn Drone and I'm unsure if ordering the Air 3 S without the neo would help with that or not. From what I gather the bigger the order the more they want to scrutinize and delay. Am I wrong or it's not going to make a bit of difference one way or the other?
I'm just an individual who purchased / imported a DJI Air 3S. Some of the commercial members here on the board will have better insights into your questions. I haven't heard anything about bundle/multiple item purchases from individuals receiving greater scrutiny. I have heard rumblings from retailers who may be having this problem, though.

Reactions: Rchawks
What I really do believe is that if you want anything DJI it probably won't get any easier than right now to acquire. Due to our shaky economy we don't need much to cause long term supply chain problems.

We also have geo-political mess going on around the world. U.S. gov has set its sights on DJI for alleged "slave" labor practices, which I think is probably a bogus allegation. Where is the scrutiny (aka hand-wringing) for all the millions upon millions or parts and products we import from China?

We also have the real potential for "troubles" after the election which could impact transportation & shipping both in the short and long term.

To reiterate my point, as of a week ago I placed my order through DJI for the Air 3S and it was on my porch exactly one week later. Nobody knows how long this will continue. But I'm not a gambler on things that are really important to me or my business.

Cool, I just now ordered the Air 3S, Lol. It did get me thinking.
Right on, brother. Glad you pulled the trigger. You know...all that stuff I said went through my own brain, too. I ended with, "You gonna wait until you can't get any DJI drones at all? Get a move on! Heeya mule! Heeya!" 🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof