DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. Customs blocking DJI drone imports

Update: Departed DHL facility in Los Angeles.

Appears they have this resolved and shipments should all be flowing (based on my limited data set of 1).
I have the same status on mine for the Air 3S, so hopefully we are good.

I have a delivery date of Wednesday for mine, but being that it’s already Stateside, maybe I’ll get it a day early.

Reactions: Rchawks
Do you also have Chinese broadband modems in America?

Everything is made in China. Japan used to be the cheap product, then it wasn't and became known for high quality. Then China was the cheap place for CEO's to have their outsourced product made. Now look how good there products can be. I no longer check for the country source anymore. What US company (or companies in other countries) make 100% of their product in house.

What i meant was if you use chines modems why hasn't your government banned those surely they are a far bigger risk to your security than drones as every house has a modem.

I have the same status on mine for the Air 3S, so hopefully we are good.

I have a delivery date of Wednesday for mine, but being that it’s already Stateside, maybe I’ll get it a day early.
Great news! Congrates, long waits for something like this can be very annoying, I'm glad it wasn't a long wait for delivery.

The saga continues:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Starz
It's good we have people like this gentleman uncovering what's really going on with this issue.
I think he's in a unique situation because his drone is adversely affected and so are his business interests. I personally thing he's a good guy and he's doing the right thing by trying to tell us what's really going on but unfortunately there's quite a few people that don't like him for other reasons. Once he gets his drone, it would be great if he continues to follow up and not just pretend the "event" never happened just because he's good to go. Again, good info and I respect Ken just like Russ and others who got their drones on time but still, they all are addressing the events fairly and not simply brushing it off as a big misunderstanding. We can't ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room, this isn't just a untimely paperwork snafu. Red flags folks. Pretty sure our favorite congressperson has heard about drones getting thru and they are working on plan B.

Reactions: Rchawks and Starz
It's probably not true and just a rumor but I heard Elise Stefanik found out drones have been getting thru the blockage so she took a secret overnight visit to Chi-na for a surprise visit to the Uyghur region to see for herself if there is any forced labor. Caught on camera, turns out DJI and Chairman Xi were one step ahead of her and already expecting her arrival; imagine that! :)

mosque.png

Last edited:
Reactions: waynorth
Improvements in robotics and automation are the only saving grace I think. I've heard some success stories of companies leveraging cutting edge automated manufacturing being able to compete with China on price. The downside is that the number of people required for those plants is vastly smaller than it used to be.

I too wish there were a US Made alternative, but there is not unfortunately. You have to give DJI credit - they have really done a great job on innovation. And interestingly enough, even though they have little competition in the consumer space, they still continue to innovate.
Skydio....???

I think he's in a unique situation because his drone is adversely affected and so are his business interests. I personally thing he's a good guy and he's doing the right thing by trying to tell us what's really going on but unfortunately there's quite a few people that don't like him for other reasons. Once he gets his drone, it would be great if he continues to follow up and not just pretend the "event" never happened just because he's good to go. Again, good info and I respect Ken just like Russ and others who got their drones on time but still, they all are addressing the events fairly and not simply brushing it off as a big misunderstanding. We can't ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room, this isn't just a untimely paperwork snafu. Red flags folks. Pretty sure our favorite congressperson has heard about drones getting thru and they are working on plan B.
According to the news notification delivered to my phone this morning: Plan B is now in effect. It claims that DJI drone import (USA) has now been blocked due to DJI being classed as a military supplier... if Frank Wang can't be nobbled with the ropey slave labour claims: use the Ukrainian DIY weaponization of Mavics as the next excuse.

Trying times dead ahead methinks.

According to the news notification delivered to my phone this morning: Plan B is now in effect. It claims that DJI drone import (USA) has now been blocked due to DJI being classed as a military supplier... if Frank Wang can't be nobbled with the ropey slave labour claims: use the Ukrainian DIY weaponization of Mavics as the next excuse.

Trying times dead ahead methinks.

Reference? Who? When? Just another rumor?

Reactions: Starz
My package seems to be unaffected too:

1729379130113.png

Reactions: Rchawks and Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz