DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. Customs blocking DJI drone imports

I haven't had a paper copy of my SS card in at least 45 years.
Me neither, lost it decades ago. Go to the SSA website, they try to convince you not to get a paper replacement before applying for one! If you know your number, why get one somebody could steal? So, I never did.
Can they please tell that to CBP ….. today?

Reactions: LandWaterSky
Update from post #35
10/18 1:37 (utc) package picked up
10/18 3:32 (utc) arrived sort facility (DHL) China
10/18 15:38 (utc) departed sort facility (DHL) China
10/18 23:45 (utc) arrived Los Angeles customs
10/19 00:23 (utc) clearance complete
10/19 12:18 (utc) departed Los Angeles
10/19 19:40 (utc) arrived Phoenix
Here’s the silly part
10/21 21:04 (utc) on hold in Phoenix
10/22 22:08 (utc) forwarding to “Third Party Agent”
Currently no change since then.
Nothing but canned answers from both DJI( wasn’t surprised)and DHL.
With all that I have acquired from DJI, starting with the first Mavic they produced, this is the first shipping debacle I’ve been subjected to.
Oh well, life goes on!

Update from post #35
10/18 1:37 (utc) package picked up
10/18 3:32 (utc) arrived sort facility (DHL) China
10/18 15:38 (utc) departed sort facility (DHL) China
10/18 23:45 (utc) arrived Los Angeles customs
10/19 00:23 (utc) clearance complete
10/19 12:18 (utc) departed Los Angeles
10/19 19:40 (utc) arrived Phoenix
Here’s the silly part
10/21 21:04 (utc) on hold in Phoenix
10/22 22:08 (utc) forwarding to “Third Party Agent”
Currently no change since then.
Nothing but canned answers from both DJI( wasn’t surprised)and DHL.
With all that I have acquired from DJI, starting with the first Mavic they produced, this is the first shipping debacle I’ve been subjected to.
Oh well, life goes on!
That’s so odd. DHL delivers in AZ everyday, including DJI drones shipped from China, without a 3rd party involved. Weird. I congratulate you for getting it through customs, you’re ahead of me!

Update from post #62
Box magically appeared.
Left by the front door. No idea of who dropped it off. Shipping information claimed a signature was required. Possibly Casper the ghost may have done the signing since no other human was present at the house.
Tracking information has never updated past DHL claiming that some third party agent was going to finish their task.
I would think that the tracking information would have updated by now to at least show that the wayward box found its home.
All’s well that ends well I guess.
It was certainly laughable at times based on some of the many responses received from the DHL group that claimed they knew what they were doing.

Update from post #62
Box magically appeared.
Left by the front door. No idea of who dropped it off. Shipping information claimed a signature was required. Possibly Casper the ghost may have done the signing since no other human was present at the house.
Tracking information has never updated past DHL claiming that some third party agent was going to finish their task.
I would think that the tracking information would have updated by now to at least show that the wayward box found its home.
All’s well that ends well I guess.
It was certainly laughable at times based on some of the many responses received from the DHL group that claimed they knew what they were doing.
I remember from a few years back the DHL policy on signature required is optional.

I remember from a few years back the DHL policy on signature required is optional.
I was the given the option to sign (authorize) on the DHL website. So, I did, and the package was dropped at my doorstep.

I had the option as well to sign electronically on DHL’s website prior to delivery, but I like having the package in hand (to ensure it wasn’t damaged or “lost” in transit) before I sign off on delivery.

I like having the package in hand (to ensure it wasn’t damaged or “lost” in transit)
"Lost in transit"... like marked as delivered and nowhere to be found? Is that still a thing these days? Most all delivery services in my area take a photo.

"Lost in transit"... like marked as delivered and nowhere to be found? Is that still a thing these days? Most all delivery services in my area take a photo.
“Lost” could be misplaced, stolen (on the truck or after delivery), or damaged parcel. I’m not sure how responsibly would work if one of those scenarios happened and I had already signed off on it. I don’t want to be put in that position I guess.

“Lost” could be misplaced, stolen (on the truck or after delivery)
Ah, right, so, I don't recommend authorizing a package of this value to be dropped off if you're not actually home.

DJI has fantastic packaging. People complaining about damaged DJI packages arriving isn't a common occurrence, so I don't worry about that one either.

Ah, right, so, I don't recommend authorizing a package of this value to be dropped off if you're not actually home.

DJI has fantastic packaging. People complaining about damaged DJI packages arriving isn't a common occurrence, so I don't worry about that one either.
I agree DJI does a fantastic job with packaging. I was thinking more on the carrier side.... driver gets into an accident (God forbid) or someone accidently drives a fork from a forklift through the box.

I was thinking more on the carrier side.... driver gets into an accident (God forbid) or someone accidently drives a fork from a forklift through the box
Those are interesting scenarios. Shouldn't the carrier either return the package to the sender or dispose if not in a returnable state (e.g. destroyed batteries)? In either case, the package should not be delivered and thus and in-person handoff could never occur.

There is an option in their system to bypass a signature. I did not opt for no signature required.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant for a few years back in the covid days, even when the shipper requested (not demanded) a signature, the driver would deliver the package regardless and if no one was available to sign, the driver would leave the package anyway and either sign it himself by printing your name or put the word "covid" in the box.

Just the other day I signed the DHL bypass online because their packages require signature by default and I hate the worthless (to me) signature option from most any common carrier.

“(God forbid) or someone accidently drives a fork from a forklift through the box.”

A couple of years ago I ordered a large screen Samsung TV. When the freight truck driver opened up the back of his truck we both noticed that someone had put a fork right through the middle of the box. I obviously refused the delivery. Later the same day, I reported the damaged TV to the seller and they shipped out another TV. Two weeks later the freight truck driver opens up the truck and lo and behold…the TV was forked through again in almost the same spot. So I concluded there were three possibilities for the problem:

1 Forklift operator was blind

2 Forklift operator had a criminally low IQ, or

3 Forklift operator was a vindictive d**k

Which of these do you think was true?

😁

Last edited:
“(God forbid) or someone accidently drives a fork from a forklift through the box.”

A couple of years ago I ordered a large screen Samsung TV. When the freight truck driver opened up the back of his truck we both noticed that someone had put a fork right through the middle of the box. I obviously refused the delivery. Later the same day, I reported the damaged TV to the seller and they shipped out another TV. Two weeks later the freight truck driver opens up the truck and lo and behold…the TV was forked through again in almost the same spot. So I concluded there were three possibilities for the problem:

1 Forklift operator was blind

2 Forklift operator had a criminally low IQ, or

3 Forklift operator was a vindictive d**k

Which of these do you think was true?

😁
All of the above...

Reactions: ryguy80
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads