DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. drone Pilot License to Canada

lowellton

Reactions
Just wondering if canadian laws will honor u.s. Drone pilot license. Thanks

As the link above says, Canada is not accepting SFOCs for non residents at this time. If you have a mini you could probably fly it here as it doesn’t have to be registered and you currently don’t need a license to fly it.

Regardless, the border is closed and is unlikely to be opened any time soon considering the high number of Covid cases south of the border.

What about the inverse, will the US recognise Canadian pilots, or will we have to get a temp license (once the borders open again)?

What about the inverse, will the US recognise Canadian pilots, or will we have to get a temp license (once the borders open again)?
I applied for and received my FAA registration number for recreational flights, using my Canadian address, phone number & email; no issues. I fly regularly in the US while on vacation, and have received LAANC clearance as/when required.

I applied for and received my FAA registration number for recreational flights, using my Canadian address, phone number & email; no issues. I fly regularly in the US while on vacation, and have received LAANC clearance as/when required.
Which id number will you put on your drone, Canadian, American, both?

Reactions: Ex Coelis

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18