DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AlexMacauDrone28

Reactions
Most Macanese drone pilots should know that in Macau if you don't have a special license it isn't legal to fly above 30m (98.5 ft). Is there any problem if someone flies above the limit (50m for example)? I'm a beginner with the "luck" of living in a place where drone rules are very strict. Check the attached pdf for extra information. Thank you

Attachments

• 201611307073903.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 9
Hello ! Tell me if I'm wrong, but since Macau is a very high population density area with few or no clean fields that you can fly without any risks , the law itself makes sense.

This is correct but only if you stay outside the protected zones. The CAA made a sweet map showing where you can fly up to 30 m without a permission required which is basically away from the airport, vital/governmental infrastructures & borders.
I recently summed it up in this research to complete my world map but its pretty much straight forward in Macau - safe flights!

Macau_drone_fly_map.png

DJI app is not allowing me to take off in Cotai strip, even though I am in clear area of map just across from parisian. Shows entire Cotai steel area as no fly zone.

DJI app is not allowing me to take off in Cotai strip, even though I am in clear area of map just across from parisian. Shows entire Cotai steel area as no fly zone.
I was able to unlock the flight reduction by selecting take off then following link to DJI site which allowed me to get code for unlocking. Seems DJI is adopting its own assumptions for restricted airspace based on USA law and adopting world wide wherever they do not know specific law. In the other hand, I had checked Macau restrictions map via link provided.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929