DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uhm. Can't contain happiness, so..

Cookaboorra

Reactions
Hi to all the respected Members !

WOW ! WOOOOOW ! WOOOOOOOAHHHH !!!! ??? ( I am sorry. I HAD to do this ! ) ?

WELL, after weeks of preparing, windy days waiting, days of rainy despair, and many many many tries....
I succeeded in my personal aim.
To reach the summit of a mountain that I see since I was born, in my home town, in Aosta Valley ( NW of Italy, close to Mont Blanc ).
" Becca di Viou " its name. 2856 meters high above the sea, still snow covered.
I studied wind charts, asked glider pilots I know, scrutinized the skies, the clouds and the possible paths of flight.
I eventually studied the drone behaviour and especially, made battery tests.
Today early in the afternoon, I decided to give a good try.
From the image I have posted, you will see ( as I realized afterwards..) how much MAD that idea was...
Thermal zero was -11 C° @ 3000 meters, light winds about 14 km /hour.
Started my climb lightly worried, but I was confident, starting from a vantage point, everything under view, no people, just an imaginary straight line towards the summit.
I SUCCEEDED !!!! HOW GOOD. And came back ! Finally landed at 1 ( ONE ) percent battery !!
You could not see my sudden super sweaty hands, with three or four RC alarms at the same time ( wind, NFZ, battery voltage, battery percentage, battery overvoltage )..
So far, so good.
Well, I had to tell you.
GREETINGS

Attachments

• 173102508_4216837114993067_5473171649079497388_n.jpg
    173102508_4216837114993067_5473171649079497388_n.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 120
  • woooooooooooow.jpg
    woooooooooooow.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

WELL, after weeks of preparing, windy days waiting, days of rainy despair, and many many many tries....
To reach the summit of a mountain that I see since I was born, in my home town, in Aosta Valley ( NW of Italy, close to Mont Blanc ).
I studied wind charts, asked glider pilots I know, scrutinized the skies, the clouds and the possible paths of flight.
From the image I have posted, you will see ( as I realized afterwards..) how much MAD that idea was...
Started my climb lightly worried, but I was confident, starting from a vantage point, everything under view, no people, just an imaginary straight line towards the summit.
I SUCCEEDED !!!! HOW GOOD. And came back ! Finally landed at 1 ( ONE ) percent battery !!
You could not see my sudden super sweaty hands, with three or four RC alarms at the same time ( wind, NFZ, battery voltage, battery percentage, battery overvoltage )..
So far, so good.
Well, I had to tell you.
GREETINGS
Firstly GRATS! I haven't done this as of yet but my intentions and wallet will soon. That’s the purchase of Phantomrain, RAIN suits made for foul weather. You mentioned the weather conditions there. I hope this aides you. My issues are odd in that although there’s plenty of rain here, often. I actually LIKE rain. Peaceful, calm, etc. Soooo... my MP2 will soon adorn a rain coat. Adds to poor flying control at times no doubt but April showers ... (btw I have NO vested interest other than being forum mates to P Rain). Just a future customer. It’s an awesome accessory IMO. (I also notice your batt % was 1%. at missions end). A true flyer! Love it. Godspeed

So far, so good.
Well, I had to tell you.
GREETINGS
Nice flight, do you have any video from the summit?

So far, so good.
Well, I had to tell you.
GREETINGS
That’s an amazing flight! Congrats!!!

So far, so good.
Well, I had to tell you.
GREETINGS
CONGRATUALATION!! That is an adventure you will never forget. I know the area where you live. I've spent time in Turin and would drive up to Aosta Valley. You are a fortunate man to live in such a beautiful place. And it must be a great place for drone photography.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1