DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

This is the one @daveboyy was dishing out.
Be good if someone else could test it and report back.
It looks like the same implementation of the hack as before, its hard to tell though as the code is hidden.
Ive been using this since I jail broke my iphone, works with no issues.
I linked him this the other day there.

Reactions: daveboyy and gb160
This is the one @daveboyy was dishing out.
Be good if someone else could test it and report back.
It looks like the same implementation of the hack as before, its hard to tell though as the code is hidden.
It is the same.
He did the same as we did, transfer the mod and sign it:)

He also has build in a obfuscator in the code itself, making it impossible to decrypt.

However, this is the relevant (slightly codes) part;

function _0x512041() { _0x23d1b0(_0x3252('0xd'), _0x3252('0xe'), function (_0x44f01c) {

_[0x2] = ptr(ObjC[_0x3252('0xf')]['NSString']['stringWithString_']('US'));
}, function () {
return _0x373e90[_0x3252('0x7')];
});

That code is partly deobfuscated,

Translates into:
args[2] = ptr(ObjC.classes.NSString.stringWithString_('US'));

Obviously that is the country code. Which i can succesfully set in the partly decoded code, just not with MY code. So a CE mod can also be made.

And that is where i am stalled, because the formatting is wrong or my JS knowledge is too low (probably last one :D) I cant debug, so i will put my focus on Android for now.

Other part of the code holds the variables that are getting patched. To maintain this exploit, it is not wise to put them here, so i wont.

Is there any risk of losing the warranty or DJI refresh when using a modified app?

I’d just like to say thank you to the members putting in the work to keep the app updated with this exploit.
for those that are struggling with the app to get it loaded or to get it to work, please take time to re read the guides posted in the previous pages about installing to your device.
The app does indeed work and at the moment is now the only way to use FCC mode in a CE country.

Reactions: gb160 and Gleno0h
Well the important thing here is we can all use FCC on v1.0.3

did anyone manage to install the modded app on a non-jb iPhone? I signed it successfully (using the tools shown here) but after copying everything to the phone, XCode just shows "Unable to install Mod DJI Fly 1.1.3", without any additional info.

Could someone with an Android phone and CE country try something for me?

Indoors; Set fake gps to USA, connect to controller and turn controller and drone on. Confirm it is in FCC mode. Pause/exit the gps.

Take the drone outside, confirm CE is enabled after GPS lock.
Go inside, enable fake gps again, confirm it is FCC.

Try switching a couple of times between FCC indoors en CE outdoors. Let me know what happens.

Sidenote, switching to CE goes mostly instant. FCC can take 5 minutes!

did anyone manage to install the modded app on a non-jb iPhone? I signed it successfully (using the tools shown here) but after copying everything to the phone, XCode just shows "Unable to install Mod DJI Fly 1.1.3", without any additional info.
ok, nevermind, I got it working by manually creating a provisioning profile

Reactions: gb160
@Gleno0h
Gladly helping out. :)

I'm inside, starting fake GPS, Controller, connect phone, app is starting automatically and switching on the Drone. Drone has no GPS.
I can confirm it is in FCC, see screenshot where I can choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone outside. In about 20 seconds the drone acquires GPS and the app switches to CE, see screenshot where I cannot choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone inside and wait (it has no GPS) - nothing happens. Fake GPS is running in background - nothing happens. I restart fake GPS - nothing happens. App stays in CE.
I force close the app and restart the app - Drone is in FCC again. Start from beginning. Same result.

Edit:
I went outside - inside - outside - inside >20 times.
Only one time, the app switched to FCC immediately when I went inside. I couldn't prove this a second time.
I tried every switch inside the app to somehow, maybe force FCC when I was back inside - nothing.
I tried to restart the Drone - nothing.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone - nothing.

Edit2:
I would gladly alpha, beta- test some android app or code or something else.
I've a rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and can handle/revive a bricked Android phone. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200603-121020.jpg
    Screenshot_20200603-121020.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200603-121118.jpg
    Screenshot_20200603-121118.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
It is the same.
He did the same as we did, transfer the mod and sign it:)

He also has build in a obfuscator in the code itself, making it impossible to decrypt.

However, this is the relevant (slightly codes) part;

function _0x512041() { _0x23d1b0(_0x3252('0xd'), _0x3252('0xe'), function (_0x44f01c) {

}, function () {
return _0x373e90[_0x3252('0x7')];
});

That code is partly deobfuscated,

Translates into:
args[2] = ptr(ObjC.classes.NSString.stringWithString_('US'));

Obviously that is the country code. Which i can succesfully set in the partly decoded code, just not with MY code. So a CE mod can also be made.

And that is where i am stalled, because the formatting is wrong or my JS knowledge is too low (probably last one :D) I cant debug, so i will put my focus on Android for now.

Other part of the code holds the variables that are getting patched. To maintain this exploit, it is not wise to put them here, so i wont.

I am waiting for an Android solution before I buy this drone. @GlenoOh would it help if I rub your shoulders while you work? :p

@Gleno0h
Gladly helping. :)

I'm inside, starting fake GPS, Controller, Drone. Drone has no GPS. I can confirm it is in FCC, see screenshot where I can choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone outside. In about 20 seconds the drone acquires GPS and the app switches to CE, see screenshot where I cannot choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone inside and wait (it has no GPS) - nothing happens. I restart fake GPS - nothing happens. Drone stays in CE.
I have to force close DJI Fly app and restart the DJI Fly app - Drone is in FCC again. Start from beginning. Same result.

One has to restart the DJI Fly app during faking GPS to set the drone back to FCC when the drone is inside (has no GPS).

Edit:
I would gladly alpha, beta- test the android app or some code or something else.
I would be happy to test android app as well

You'll only moan that it doesn't work Dave ;)
I believe you all that is works ,I have no doubt , It would be quiet unreasonable for me not to believe the large group of guys making claims and having own experiences shared on this forum.However where I live this hack didn't improve anything, or if it did i was unable to notice it . So this improvement is area specific which means i need to get out of the Urban area and test it there.I just had a some expectations that it will greatly improve the range so i can fly from my garden in the local area , going low above the lakes etc.. ( i am talking approx 2.2km radius ) So in this case i might have to move my arse out to enjoy FCC flying elsewhere :)

In regards to android apk , I am android person in and out. And having myself forced to buy iPhone, jailbreak it to be able to use FCC I have surprised myself as i would never think i would ever buy iPhone !? I am sure they are great phones but not for me , I cannot leave with system that is so heavily restricted software wise , choice of ios devices limited to 3 ? or actually one with different size, No sd card ,no dual sim models , (.. sorry i think they realised recently their mistake and they made dual sim now ..... 10 years later) Just everything about iPhone is pure reflection of collective consciousness of America ( "arrogance") if they could only charge you for the amount of clicks you do per month on your iphone THEY WOULD !
Reassuming above rant .... I would love to have android app with FCC hack ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc