DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

OK, here's what I have found out so far:

All of the following was done using a Samsung (Android) phone.

Since I activated my MA2 my transmission has always shown the "1km" level to be @ +- 87db. Keeping in mind that when I activated I had already set the fake gps program to a US location. I have never seen the transmission page to show the "1km" to be at any other position other than the +-87db. That and the transmission page has always shown both the Auto and Manual options.

To check this out on my MA2 I shut down all apps on my phone. I did not start the fake gps and checked on google map and it showed my present location in Malaysia.

I connected the phone and RC and started the Fly app on the phone and started the RC. When the phone connected to the RC the Fly app started. I then turned on the drone and after the RC and drone connected I checked the location on the map and as expected it showed my location in Malaysia. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I started the props on the drone and as expected the location did not change. The transmission page still showed the "1km" to be at the same +- 87db. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I then shut down the drone, RC, and Fly app and disconnected the phone.

As per the suggestion that Benno put out I put the airplane mode (flight mode) on the phone and set the location in the US. I then covered the drone with foil (the drone was turned off).

I then connected the phone to the RC and turned the RC on. After the phone connected to the RC I turned on the drone (note was still covered by foil) and when the drone and RC connected I hit go fly and checked in the fly app and the location was still in the US. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options. The "1km" still showed the +- 87db level.

I then removed the foil cover on the drone and started the props by using the CSC method. After about 4 seconds the location changed as expected to my present location in Malaysia. This was expected for the RTH to work.

I checked the transmission page and the "1km" still showed the +- 87db level. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options.

I must admit that I am a bit confused on this and it appears if the transmission indicators are correct then I am permanently (for the time being) in FCC mode or have been in CE mode and the fake gps did not work at this time.

As it is raining I can't do a distance test and I don't have a Freq meter to check the output.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
you're in FCC mode mate, if the line is showing 87dB thats about as conclusive as you can get without measuring the signal or a range test.

Reactions: Gary R
or we can get cheeky and start posting this in DJI forum and ask about it...at which point their engineers will start looking into patching this up haha

Did the same steps still does not work
Changed to fcc, turned it off qnd rc the same.
Started motors without phone connected to rc and once it gets settlites it changes back to ce.

I can confirm this is also what is happening to me unforunately. I can get it into FCC mode indoors, but when I try it outside, it switches back to CE. This is despite starting the motors and flying 1m high before connecting my phone. So its either switching mid-flight when I connect my phone, or the drone is simply starting up in CE mode.

There is a chance that the drone is already locking onto the satatlies during startup before I have a chance to initiate the motors. Is there a way to trying and delay this? (without using tinfoil or my hand :) )

There is a chance that the drone is already locking onto the satatlies during startup before I have a chance to initiate the motors. Is there a way to trying and delay this? (without using tinfoil or my hand :) )
Maybe you wanna try maintaining the fake gps even until after fly app is launched ? That way for sure the app and phone side is definitely in FCC region at all times, while drone is already flying and therefore should not change modes. After that, only switch off the fake gps and relocate yourself at the actual position by gps of phone?

For my case where FCC appears stuck, I even used my wife’s android phone and without any spoofing, my transmission settings appear to be FCC state. I didn’t go outside for this test but my phone and app were pretty sure in CE region, but when I connect to drone it looks like the FCC settings

Maybe you wanna try maintaining the fake gps even until after fly app is launched ? That way for sure the app and phone side is definitely in FCC region at all times, while drone is already flying and therefore should not change modes. After that, only switch off the fake gps and relocate yourself at the actual position by gps of phone?

How sure are people that the drone doesn't just change modes whilst flying?

I tested this indoors. If I spoof the drone into FCC indoors, and start the motors, it should stay in FCC right? Well, if I disable airplane mode and disable fake GPS on my phone, the transmission then switches back to CE as soon as my phones lcoation updates back to UK. So either the transmission can switch mid-flight, or the drone doesn't consider 'propellors on' as 'mid-flight' and you instead need to hover 1m off the ground first. Any thoughts from anyone?

Reactions: lee82gx
How sure are people that the drone doesn't just change modes whilst flying?

I tested this indoors. If I spoof the drone into FCC indoors, and start the motors, it should stay in FCC right? Well, if I disable airplane mode and disable fake GPS on my phone, the transmission then switches back to CE as soon as my phones lcoation updates back to UK. So either the transmission can switch mid-flight, or the drone doesn't consider 'propellors on' as 'mid-flight' and you instead need to hover 1m off the ground first. Any thoughts from anyone?

Are you getting different results if hovering instead of just starting the motors?

Guys,
there is something with soonest patches because today my drone also changes from FCC to CE in the air.
I think I updated something yesterday about flysafe...
I have now:
aircraft firmware : 1.00.0130
rc firmware 1.000108
and flysafe database 1.0001.18

Who has still FCC permanent during flight can provide such information ?

I tried this yesterday with the latest FW, the drone definitely switches into CE mid-flight (while hovering at 1m)

or we can get cheeky and start posting this in DJI forum and ask about it...at which point their engineers will start looking into patching this up haha
To a certain point they probably dont care, they've put the restriction in there because the regulations say they must.
If people have found a workaround its out of DJIs hands...and tbh it probably wouldn't be hard for them to put an end to it if the really wanted to.

Guys,
there is something with soonest patches because today my drone also changes from FCC to CE in the air.
I have now:
rc firmware 1.000108

where can I find this info and I'll check it mate ?

So I have played around with this. It doesn't work.

I cant get it into FCC perfectly fine, but as soon as the drone gets a GPS lock (either stationary, or when props are started up, or if its hovering 1m off the ground - doesn't matter) it switches back to CE mid-flight.

I dont think it has anything to do with iphone vs android, or anything to do with the app or phone in general. This is a drone based switch. As soon as the drone picks up satalites and updates its position, it will change to CE transmission from FCC

Those who have had this working, are you on a different firmware version?

I am on aircraft firmware 01.00.0130, I am on RC firmware 01.00.0108 and FlySafe database 01.00.01.17 (if that makes any difference)

you're in FCC mode mate, if the line is showing 87dB thats about as conclusive as you can get without measuring the signal or a range test.
Hopefully so...

I took it outside as the rain has stopped and put in the hack and connected to the RC and started the RC. After the Phone and RC connected and the Fly app came up I started the Drone (I had the foil cover over it). I hit Go Fly and checked in the Fly app and I was still in the US. I removed the foil cover and started the props using the CSC. I took off immediately and went to 3 meters. It took about 7 seconds and then it showed I was back in Malaysia (It took a bit longer as I only had 9 sats and heavy cloud cover).

I checked the transmission page and still had the 1km at +-87db and auto and manual options.

I flew out and around for 5 minutes and returned and had the drone 1 meter high and I UNPLUGGED the phone and landed the drone and stopped the motors. I then re-started the motors using CSC and brought the drone up to 3 meters and plugged in the phone and checked and still had the 1km at +-87db and auto and manual options.

I then flew out for a few minutes and brought the drone back and landed the drone and stopped the motors WITHOUT unplugging the phone. I checked the transmission page and still had the 1km at +-87db and auto and manual options.

I started the motors using CSC and flew up to 5 meters and checked and still had the 1km at +-87db and auto and manual options.

I brought the drone back inside and removed the battery and turned off the RC. I wanted to check the flight and put in another battery and connected the phone to the RC and turned on the drone. After connection I looked at the map and it showed I was in the US......

It appears I'm for sure in FCC mode for the time being....

So I have played around with this. It doesn't work.

I cant get it into FCC perfectly fine, but as soon as the drone gets a GPS lock (either stationary, or when props are started up, or if its hovering 1m off the ground - doesn't matter) it switches back to CE mid-flight.

I dont think it has anything to do with iphone vs android, or anything to do with the app or phone in general. This is a drone based switch. As soon as the drone picks up satalites and updates its position, it will change to CE transmission from FCC

Those who have had this working, are you on a different firmware version?

I am on aircraft firmware 01.00.0130, I am on RC firmware 01.00.0108 and FlySafe database 01.00.01.17 (if that makes any difference)
I'm on
RC firmware 01.00.0108
Flysafe Database 01.00.01.18

Are you covering the drone while it and the RC are connecting ?
My experience is that after they connect and you remove the cover you have to immediately csc the props and take off.

As you know the drone will pick up the local GPS location for the RTH function.

I'm wondering as you are in Europe and I'm in Malaysia there might be a different setting in the drone for your country as I am not experiencing that yet. CE vs FCC automatic changes. ???

I am pretty sure something with yesterday patches/updated changed it as now I see on app when I take off and drone is in the air as there is switching from FCC to CE immediately (after few seconds)
While I was flying a day before yesterday there was FCC all the time.

Is there any method to reset to factory setting drone as it was at stock?

Guys,
I have now:
rc firmware 1.000108

Im on exactly the same versions as you are, and it's still working perfectly for me from what I can see.
Im only testing it on the table though, with the motors running.

Does it only switch to CE when you are actually flying, or does it switch with the drone on the ground with the motors running?

Im on exactly the same versions as you are, and it's still working perfectly for me from what I can see.
Im only testing it on the table though, with the motors running.

Does it only switch to CE when you are actually flying, or does it switch with the drone on the ground with the motors running?
I prepare FCC at home and go outside start drone and take off (without phone ) , connect phone and see for a moment FCC but it switches back to CEE in few secs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli