DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK postal charges

SteCee

Reactions
Hi all,

Hope you are all flying safe and happy.

I have a DJI Mini ordered, paid in full including taxes coming from the Amsterdam office. DJI have confirmed all payments have been made but the delivery company say a C.O.D charge must be paid prior to delivery.

Payments were made direct to DJI and accepted prior to shipping.

What do I do, refuse deliver again and not pay, let them try a second time until they return to sender.

By the time the charges mount up I could buy the mini 2 more combo for an additional £300.

Why didn’t you just get one from Argos?
You need to contact DJI and ask them why you’re being charged for shipping by the courier when you’ve already paid.

The Mini flew away following signal inference and the return to home lifted the mini above any obstacles to a higher level. The included propeller guards added payload and i was told this would prevent the drone from coming back due to additional drag. The mini list signal disappeared and lost forever. DJI first offered 15% discount on a new mini then after a fight with them for "not fit for purpose" they changed to 30%. Everything was paid in full with taxes and advised no further payments were due.

@SteCee ,it could be a customs charge ,if its being sent via the post office or parcel force then they will not deliver it till the charge is paid ,it all depends on the value of the content i would check with your delivery service to find out what the charge is for ,sometimes if its not paid they will hold it at your local sorting office ,and you will get a card to tell you to pick it up and you can pay the charge then

Reactions: Lastrexking
@SteCee ,it could be a customs charge ,if its being sent via the post office or parcel force then they will not deliver it till the charge is paid ,it all depends on the value of the content i would check with your delivery service to find out what the charge is for ,sometimes if its not paid they will hold it at your local sorting office ,and you will get a card to tell you to pick it up and you can pay the charge then
Hi,

They tried to deliver today, they said outstanding charge were due, it looked like £38. Delivery was UPS

Reactions: old man mavic
The prop guard alone would not cause a blow away, but could reduce the amount of wind it could overcome.
The higher you go, the higher the winds are likely to be up there. I recommend UAV forecast to get an idea of how high the winds are at various altitudes.

Hi,

They tried to deliver today, they said outstanding charge were due, it looked like £38. Delivery was UPS
contact them in that case and ask what the charges are for ,one thing springs to mind and that could be if the package contains lipos you should be able to go online and pay the charge

Thanks DanMan32,

I use the UAV forcast and all was OK to fly. The problem occurred with the RTH, i was told the load from the guards would reduce performance but not necessary report to the user. 19% battery life and it basically disappeared, no sign no bleeping and no find my drone at the point it lost the GPS signal.

It sound like it's probably customs and excise "handling charge" from UPS who has to do the necessary paperwork, which is typically separate from the taxes incurred by the supplier. Basically, the same kind of "extra" fees that you often need to pay to do an import of something subject to customs from the US (amongst other places), which I have to grit my teeth over frequently. You're not going to get your goods from UPS until you pay it, so your call on whether you want to keep refusing it or not, but those fees are due regardless so don't be surprised if they try and charge it back to DJI who may then take them out of your refund.

Just another part of the on-going post-Brexit learning curve that's no doubt going to catch a *lot* of us out for something or other sooner or later...

Thanks Zocalo,

I wonder if i could request a charge back and just not accept the item. As the total cost would be around 300 I would prefer to pay the additional 250 for the mini 2 with the new wifi and more accurate wifi ocusync?

There is an article on the BBC website about additional charges being levied by courier companies for 'administration costs'. Have a look towards the bottom of the article about the various charges and the regulations.

Brexit: 'I was asked to pay an extra £82 for my £200 coat'
Yep, another side effect of brexit... some companies have outright stopped selling to the UK, such as the company I buy my guitars from. And, much like these examples - those that do will have customers paying through the nose in shipping duties and charges.

Yep, another side effect of brexit... some companies have outright stopped selling to the UK, such as the company I buy my guitars from. And, much like these examples - those that do will have customers paying through the nose in shipping duties and charges.
Same here. I buy quite a bit of musical and studio equipment from mainland Europe. Some have stopped supplying and with the additional transaction costs it's the same price to buy from a UK supplier if available. However, some of my modular equipment is made by small suppliers who cannot afford the overhead and complexity of registering with HMRC for sales under £135.

DJI Mini ordered, paid in full including taxes coming from the Amsterdam office. DJI have confirmed all payments have been made but the delivery company say a C.O.D charge must be paid prior to delivery.
Why didn’t you just get one from Amazon or Argos?
I ordered from Amazon 6 Nov delivered am on 7 Nov
Amazon also has Care Refresh.

Last edited:
I could only buy the single unit from DJI direct.

DJI would not admit liability for an issue I had with the mini but gave 30% off so i either had to accept it or pay a further £350 on top of the price at Amazon for the Combo kit for the mini 2.

And infuriatingly, some UK companies are flat-out refusing to deliver to Northern Ireland, even though it's part of the UK, so we're hit with the double whammy of no delivery and/or excessive postage regardless of where we try to buy. :(

Hi all,

Hope you are all flying safe and happy.

I have a DJI Mini ordered, paid in full including taxes coming from the Amsterdam office. DJI have confirmed all payments have been made but the delivery company say a C.O.D charge must be paid prior to delivery.

Payments were made direct to DJI and accepted prior to shipping.

What do I do, refuse deliver again and not pay, let them try a second time until they return to sender.

By the time the charges mount up I could buy the mini 2 more combo for an additional £300.
This is probably import duty due to Brexit. We've had to pay a similar tax on shipments from China last year. I would say take it up with DJI if you think the taxes are Paid, I guess there could be quite a few errors as business settle into the new systems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13