DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to play videos from SD card off mavic air

CarsonV123

Reactions
Hey guys,
So I've done a few flights on my new mavic air (had an amazing time!) and have stored my videos and such on a 64GB microSD in the MavicA. The video cache on my phone (backed up by google photos) gets the los res feed videos and photos on there but when i go get the videos off the SD they are just black screens. They wont play, i can get the pictures off the SD card but not playable videos.

Is there some type of post flight processing that i need to do? Is this an issue in the mavics settings or something to do with the tablet? Any suggestions at all would be very helpful.
Thanks again guys!
-CV

Hey guys,
So I've done a few flights on my new mavic air (had an amazing time!) and have stored my videos and such on a 64GB microSD in the MavicA. The video cache on my phone (backed up by google photos) gets the los res feed videos and photos on there but when i go get the videos off the SD they are just black screens. They wont play, i can get the pictures off the SD card but not playable videos.

Is there some type of post flight processing that i need to do? Is this an issue in the mavics settings or something to do with the tablet? Any suggestions at all would be very helpful.
Thanks again guys!
-CV
Two things to try...

1. Download "VLC". It's a free video player that has codecs to play every type of video out there. If you still see a black screen - you may have a problem with your Air.

But first...

2. Copy the videos to your computer before attempting to watch them - and for the sake of keeping them safe and backed up. THEN ~ format the SD card while it is IN the Mavic (don't format it from your computer).

Last edited:
Reactions: CarsonV123
... when i go get the videos off the SD they are just black screens. They wont play, i can get the pictures off the SD card but not playable videos...
I am not certain about the Air, but for the Pro the default video settings are 4K and mov format. If your computer is not capable of running 4K it will just display black. The fix is to lower the resolution or update your computer. Also, mov format is native to Apple so if you have a PC change the setting in Go 4 to mp4. You can run mov files with VLC but you need to convert them first.

We could always start with the OS you are using... that would cut down the guesses by 50%. As it is now, I'd say there is a good possibility that you don't have the right video codec installed (I don't know if it is called this on iOS).

Ahh thanks a bunch guys. Ill try these out when i get home and report back. Good to know its probably not a mavic or corruption issue. Would be sad if i lost those first few shots!

The computer im running has windows 10 and is a fairly strong gaming computer capable of running 4k. However i was attempting to play the videos on my samsung tablet which does not have that capability. Ill try it on my actual computer when i get home in a bit.

The computer im running has windows 10 and is a fairly strong gaming computer capable of running 4k...
Use Go 4 to change the recording format to mp4 for future video. You may have to do some converting to get the mov videos you already recorded to play on Windows 10.

Hey everyone, got back a bit ago, installed and ran VLC to pull up the videos on my computer, they all work and they look great! ill have to post a few of them, keep an eye out! thanks for the help every1, VLC seems likes an interesting program to use and i'll have to look into Go 4 as well. thank for all the good advice!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000