DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Undecided

Gtarman52

Reactions
Have any of you had 2nd thoughts about the zoom, wishing you would have purchased the Pro 2? Help me make my decision ? Lol

Have both. Pro takes better pics. Zoom is a lot of fun, and takes good pics.
Zoom camera cover is more of a pia than the pro, but aftermarket ones are in the mail now.

Only you can make the decision.

It comes down to stills quality, low light performance and how useful the ability to zoom is to you.

As you probably know the camera is a simple swap with the rest of the AC being identical so you can always swap over later without any drama assuming you have basic tools and mechanical aptitude.

Only you can make the decision.

It comes down to stills quality, low light performance and how useful the ability to zoom is to you.

As you probably know the camera is a simple swap with the rest of the AC being identical so you can always swap over later without any drama assuming you have basic tools and mechanical aptitude.
Plus the money to acquire the swap camera.OEM DJI NEW DJI Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad Camera Assembly With Camera lock hardware | eBay

Yah, and it says he has sold 7 of them.
The obvious reality is that second hand prices do trend with new- if you wanted to do a swap you do have the option to sell the camera being replaced. Keeping both and swapping back and forth would be silly- in that case you would just have both models of M2....

I ordered the m2p then changed my mind and swapped for the zoom. Glad I change to the zoom because it’s all I need for what I do with it.

The reviews are out on youtube. Check them out before you make up your mind. Most of us will stand by our decision on what we bought regardless of any reviews. But for me, I would have been disappointed if I picked the pro. I have a phantom 4 pro.

Reactions: Gut Stuff
The reviews are out on youtube. Check them out before you make up your mind. Most of us will stand by our decision on what we bought regardless of any reviews. But for me, I would have been disappointed if I picked the pro. I have a phantom 4 pro.
The p4p is nice, but the mp2 sure is easier to cart around.

If you only shoot RAW and D-Log and like to spend a lot of quality time in front of the computer, get a Pro.. If you do any shooting for a third party, get a Pro. If you shoot a lot under low light, get a Pro...

I LOVE the Zoom. I'm just a poke-around flyer. I actually like flying more than taking pictures. (Some flights I never use the camera).

I just started my fifth year of drone flying. For four years I flew with fixed focal length cameras. (a GoPro and the camera that comes on the original Phantom 4). The variable focal length Zoom has opened up a whole new dimension in flying. I shoot 1080P/30 most of the time which gives me access to the 2X focal + 2X lossless digital zoom. It lets me do stuff I couldn't do before.

I can 'see' so much farther when I'm in the air.. For instance, I live in the country about 30 miles south of a larger city with 200-300 foot buildings in the downtown area. When zoomed at the horizon (96mm) I can clearly see the city skyline and make out the buildings. I can barely see it with my Phantom 4. Everything is just too small.

It's also a great 'spy' craft. If you fly the Mavic near neighborhoods at 200 feet or lower people hear and see it. This sometimes creates bad will towards drones. I can overfly places at 400 feet and see clearly what's going on on the ground as if I was at 100 feet. At 400+ feet you can hear the Mavic from the ground if there isn't much ambient noise, but it's just a speck in the sky. Barely enough to notice unless you spend time looking up and searching the sky for it.

Have any of you had 2nd thoughts about the zoom, wishing you would have purchased the Pro 2? Help me make my decision ? Lol
If your interest is video, then zoom. If you mostly take pictures, then Pro
You can buy the zoom, and buy a pro camera (only), and swap the cameras. Several YT videos showing how easy this is.

The zoom is perfect for me, as a hobbyist. I don't really need some "die hard, Hollywood grade" camera in order to capture fun videos and pics, plus, if we were happy with mavic Pro camera, the zoom should be an upgrade since it sports obviously the zoom function. To me, the zoom function it the decider, as I can conveniently hover at a higher height from a farther distance and still take amazing shots with 2x optical zoom + 2x digital zoom, keeps you from the nagging people might give you if you fly any closer to the same shot... Just my thoughts....

BTW u got my mv2 zoom just about a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving every bit of it. Good luck deciding but in general, you can't make any wrong choice between the two, they are both amazing "birds".

Zero regrets ... love my M2Z. I'm not discerning or talented enough to take advantage of the M2P whiz-bang camera features, and I use the optical zoom literally every time I fly. It makes framing a picture so much easier than "flying" to the perfect spot.

Zero regrets ... love my M2Z. I'm not discerning or talented enough to take advantage of the M2P whiz-bang camera features, and I use the optical zoom literally every time I fly. It makes framing a picture so much easier than "flying" to the perfect spot.

Precisely what I do, I love zooming around [emoji3]

I too had a tough time deciding. I'm not a pro photographer so there's that. Just a dude wanting a cool drone that takes great pics and video. I'm sure the pro takes better pictures, so if you want the best pic possible , get the pro. If you are an amateur or novice like me, get the zoom. The zoom still takes GREAT pictures and video.It's cheaper, and you can film great things at a farther distance. It is more discrete and the zoom can add versatility to video that the pro cannot. So it depends which is most important to you. Good Luck

Recently went with the zoom and took it to Big Bear, Ca. 7th flight, I Caught a bald eagle just finishing a trout at the shoreline (it dwarfed the zoom haha). I was able to keep good distance and zoom in. Got a good video though it was tough being new to flying drones and all. Not sure if any of my camera settings were "optimal" since i was in manual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming